Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was looking at Century's web site and saw that had Mosin Nagant sniper rifles being sold a "Original snipers, not reconditioned!". Can anyone provide any info on these? Do they have the bent bolt and sniper stock? Are they pretty decent? Are they Yugo contract rifles also? I was going to order one of Samco's and came across these and was wondering what the scoop is on them.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Hi,
I was looking at Century's web site and saw that had Mosin Nagant sniper rifles being sold a "Original snipers, not reconditioned!". Can anyone provide any info on these? Do they have the bent bolt and sniper stock? Are they pretty decent? Are they Yugo contract rifles also? I was going to order one of Samco's and came across these and was wondering what the scoop is on them.

Thanks,
Mike

These were FIRST offered some months back. They are the "real deal", but PROBABLY at the bottom of the barrel as to current Century inventory. While from Yugo surplus , they are NOT YUGO "contract". I got a '44 Izhevsk,UN***ed scope S/N, 80% blue, mismatched EXCEPT bolt and bbl#. Nice bore. Others got better AND worse from reports.Keep in mind they DO NOT have scope base. IHMO still a bargain.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Charlie,
Thats just what I needed. I've been thinking of ordering one of these along with one from Samco. As you said, still a bargain. The nicer ones may be gone but I still don't think I could go wrong with one. Thanks again.
Mike

·
Platinum Bullet Member
187 Posts
I have a couple

Both mine are mis-matched, had repaired sniper stocks and turned down bolts. they came covered in cosmo but clean up nice and shoot well. I re-scoped one and later re-finished the stock of the other and left it as an x-sniper.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,190 Posts
" Original snipers, not reconditioned! Used in W.W.II, the M91/30 built on its distinguished reputation while being used by the Viet Cong forces during the Vietnam War. Respected as an outstanding sniper rifle, the rifle has a short telescope sight. Complete with a Russian manufactured fixed 5-rd. box magazine. Barrel: 26”, Overall: 48”, Weight: 8.2 lbs. Curio & Relic. Condition: Very Good with cracked stock.

The holes have been plugged.
"
This is a direct cut/paste from the Century web site. The last sentence makes it look like they are ex-snipers. Best bet is to call your Century rep and ask. Last I heard they were out of the snipers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Here are my 2 cracked stock good condition snipers from Century. I bought these over the winter and these were the only ones left. One rifle is ready to slap a scope on it. The other was sold as plugged holes but closer look showed that it never was drilled at all.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys,
I appreciate the input.

I've emailed Century's sales rep to get more info. I don't know whats left, if any, but they are still on Century's web site.

Denny, I saw your post in the Samco sniper thread and thats what got me checking into what Century has. The ones you got look good. Definitely worth the $$.

If I hear back from Century, I'll let you know what they say.

Mike

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,
Well, it looks like they still have a few left. It didn't sound like they had many though. I don't know if they scraped up a few more or are just nearing the last of them. I really didn't get any detailed info on the condition other than what is stated on the web site. I went ahead and ordered one. I'm curious as to what I'll end up getting. I guess for the price their asking I can't really go wrong. I'll post some pics when it arrives.

Mike

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi Charlie and riotsquad,
How long ago did you guys get yours? I know their hitting the bottom barrel on supply, so to speak, but if it hadn't been too long since you guys got yours it might be a bit of an indication of what is left.

Of couse, I'll find out first hand early next week, when the one I ordered arrives.
Thanks,
Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts