Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Times seem to have changed somewhat. A few years ago Century's 3-fers or 5-fers were hot news. Ufixums even more so. The ufixums ended when they began the cracked stock items and that I understand.

This month the five for $250 91/30's with accessories drew nary a post that I saw. Also the price on Bulgarian 7.62X54R Ammo (149gr.) 440 rounds for less than $75 drew no comments either. With the discussion of ammo costs and the political climate I ordered a little and talked a little with my rep. Despite the ammo not being cheap, even on sale, the shipping if $12.95 for all you want is still the biggest bargain in the field. I wonder how long Century can maintain this situation with the cost of shipping skyrocketing with oil prices? I ended up getting a pair of 1908 Brazilian Mausers, two 880 round cases of the ammo, and five of the 91/30's and the shipping was free as the order was over $500. Gotta love it, but how long can it last?

·
copper Bullet Member
11,471 Posts
I agree Centurys shipping is and always has been a real deal. I think todays financial "uncertainties" have really put a damper on my buying anything.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Lord forgive me for I have sinned, I am jealous of your buy

·
Silver Bullet member
402 Posts
I love their shipping deals, I got a lot of the 5.45x39 on sale...free shipping...how can you beat that?

·
Silver Bullet member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
532 Posts
My problem is all the past 'fers. I have no place left to put any more. And buying all kinds of ammo when it $30-40 a can has me set for life. Still, it was tempting. I could sell a few of the older 91/30s and have enough slings to outfit others, but I just have no room. And with my luck, I'd get 5 1943 Izhevsks.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,792 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,371 Posts
I used to buy quite a bit of ammo from Century until they decided that they couldn't ship to WA anymore. Now I buy elsewhere. Oh well, no good deals there anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts