Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics for anyone interested. This one is going back, small split in the stock, and alminum base/mount. Original refurbed scope though. Nice looking rifle...too bad. $355 to the door.

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,088 Posts
I wouldn't let go of that original SVT style scope! Ask for a new mount and put some glue on that tiny stock split.

·
Administrator
19,280 Posts
Where is the split? That looks like a nice one.

·
Registered
226 Posts
That's not structural. I'd keep it. Mine has a split on top of the wrist, but I think it's superficial.

They must have gone to the aluminum mounts right after I ordered mine. I read some comments about these when I was waiting to get mine, but it came in and was steel.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One thing I read about the alminum was that the screw would come loose after a couple shots. I have been told to try lock-tight, but I cant think of when I am going to be able to test fire it. I am afraid the longer I wait, the harder it would be to get a refund. I guess a week wont matter. I will try to put 100+ rounds through it and see what happens. The other info I read said it was not strong enough for use on the 91/30, meaning it would break. Anyone out there shoot one with the cheap aluminum base/mount?

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
They must have gone to the aluminum mounts right after I ordered mine. I read some comments about these when I was waiting to get mine, but it came in and was steel.

mine also is a steel mount, I bought it I believe last year or very early this year........I did see one that creepiE has at the last gun show.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts