Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I see Century has some original No4 snipers w/o scopes on sale at $399, are these trashed or are they worth it at this price?
If these really are "original No4 snipers", even w/o scopes, presumably they have the police on had to control the crowds.

In my opinion, a No4T is worth having as a rifle even without a scope as, when it was new, it was selected at the factory as being particularly accurate.

However No32 scopes are very expensive in their own right and scope brackets are rocking horse manure.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look nice in the photo on the site and they include the original mounts. I may spring for one, you just never know but the price is really good for an original. They were originally $700

·
Gold Bullet member
13,284 Posts
...they include the original mounts.
Are you sure that the original "mounts" are included? The "bases", (i.e., the pads) that the mount attaches to are presumably included because they were permanently affixed to the receiver. I would be extremely surprised if the mounts, albeit scopeless, were in fact included.

Original mounts are very, very hard to find and very expensive when located.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,320 Posts
The last I had heard these were the ones from Spring Sporters when they closed. They were original and had come from or through Indias as they had the screw in the stock and some were scrubed. These are the ones for $699. They also had sold some made up ones which were repros.

Chuck

·
Copper Bullet member
1,903 Posts
The last I had heard these were the ones from Spring Sporters when they closed. They were original and had come from or through Indias as they had the screw in the stock and some were scrubed. These are the ones for $699. They also had sold some made up ones which were repros.

Chuck

Just a side note, on the repros the pads were attached with allen head screws if this helps.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up gentlemen! I took the plunge too. And, like Flakshield, I haven't ordered from CAI in years so we'll see how well I do.
I was at the SS auction when these were sold and remember that the lot of snipers sold for what worked out to approx $150 each, so even at these prices CAI is doing just fine. I only remember it because at the time I thought that was the best purchase anyone made that day. Funny, the auctioneer made a big deal of welcoming C&R holders but most of the items were sold in large lots that would require quite a bit of coin. CAI was there along with Sarco. You couldn't miss Sarco's folk, all dress in logo marked shirts. I was there to bid on No2 MKIV .22 trainers but they were all bundled into a single lot of about a dozen rifles. I had to stop at my bid @ $125 each (worked out to around $1300), that was all the coin I had available. They eventually sold for $137 ea to a dealer. Near the front of the building was a rack with single item lots and a No4 (T) was among them. I dropped out when bidding hit $400; it sold for $425. Never thought I'd get another chance to purchase one of these at the old '90s vintage price of $400! Life is indeed a circle. If you live long enough you see lots of things come back around!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.