Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I see an opportunity to pick up one of these rifles for about $99 bux.
To add to my collection.

And would like to know if it would be worth the time and money?

Also, what can all of you tell me about this particular rifle (history, how its made, recoil, etc)
that I need to know before considering buying it?

It is chambered in 7.62 x 54, and it comes with a bayonette.

Anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Have a good day,

CC

·
Gold Bullet member
4,039 Posts
Welcome.

An exact history of the particular rifle you are considering will need a date, arsenal, etc to be accurate. These Century rifles are genuine WWII hardware, refurbished and stored after the war and are currently being unloaded by the millions on the surplus market. $99 with all accessories is a very good deal at the retail level. The basic Mosin is a very sturdy, well built rifle with good accuracy potential. I'd buy one if I were you, you will not regret it. The only other surplus rifles out there as inexpensive are Turkish Mausers, and many of those are not in as good a shape as the typical refurbished Mosin. See www.MosinNagant.net for a more detailed history of these great rifles.

Please post a picture or two of your new rifle when you get it.

Keith

·
Registered
378 Posts
I would agree with the others on their comments on the 91/30. You might talk to some friends and pick up their March Special on these nice tools as they are $14 less than the price you mentioned if you buy 5 of them. If you're going through an FFL you might strike a deal with that individual to sell 2 or 3 of them for a comission and get your money back and also create a good working relationship with your FFL dealer. It never hurts to do some wheelin' and dealin' as both parties come out with a good deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.