Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got an email that Century has PAR-1 and PAR-3 rifles back in stock. I was forced to order a pair of 3's. Nothing better than helping a buddy spend money. mriddick, I know you want another. :)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You can strip them totally and use the receiver/trunion/trigger guard assembly to build a nice semi AK. The early ones used the SAR type receiver.

Anyone know if these are SAR or WSAR type receivers?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Here is the quick and dirty discription of what has to be done. Press off the gas block, drill it to form a gas port, drill the gas port in the barrel, add a charging handle, swap the piston out for a semi version, swap out the handguards, add US parts, shoot. :) When I get home I will post a picture or two of some that I have converted. mriddick has done a bunch of these with great results.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Anyone know if these are SAR or WSAR type receivers?
When I talked to my rep he did not know. He could only say that he was pretty sure they were Romanian. I probably won't do anything with mine. I've owned one before and the pump action actually works rather well from the shoulder. It sure makes for a unique looking AK.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here is the quick and dirty discription of what has to be done. Press off the gas block, drill it to form a gas port, drill the gas port in the barrel, add a charging handle, swap the piston out for a semi version, swap out the handguards, add US parts, shoot. :) When I get home I will post a picture or two of some that I have converted. mriddick has done a bunch of these with great results.
Thanks for the info.
Does anyone have some before & after pics???

·
Registered
20 Posts
are there any build photos or tutorials about doing the conversion on these? i've tried using the forum search but it doesn't seem to work too well for me. i was thinking about doing a saiga conversion, but i'm starting to like the sound of this better. i've got a big heavy drill/mill that really wants to be used.:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
your "Tacticool" version looks like it has a galil charging handle, did you use a galil bolt or add it to the original bolt? what is the best way to add the charging handle, bolt weld? surprisingly i haven't been able to find much on these, but someone said something about the site base needing to be modified? do standard handguards swap right in without a change to the retainer? thanks for anything you can tell me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mriddick, ACR, anyone, PLEASE post some more details on this conversion and if you have to modify regular handguards to work. How hard is it to remove the gas block? If the numbers make sense I might buy several of these instead of building some of my Rommie kits. Details please! Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't understand what a "PAR" is. Just a gas block/front sight combination?
Pump Action Rifle, it's a romanian import ak that operates by pump action, legal in california and can be converted to semi-auto. but apparently no-one who has converted one really wants to talk about the details. apparently they want to keep it their little secret so we don't all rush to buy one and century runs out of them:D

i bet i'm smart enough to figure it out, i may have to buy 10 or 20 so i can learn by trial and error.

http://www.centuryarms.com/Century/home.htm

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.