Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
56,922 Posts
The fix is to add a spring loaded firing pin so softer commercial ammo does not slam fire due to the firing pin. Most here are correct the original IMI military bolts do not have spring loaded pins and are safe only with milisurp 556 loads, the commercial IMI galils came in with spring loaded pins just for commercial ammo. As far as I know ORF and others building galils are using the same military bolts so they would have the same flaw, just not the same lawyers ;) . Few I know want to send their galils back, I will be shooting mine Monday so we will see how it does.

· Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
56,922 Posts
Doc, The letter Century sent me states, "we have upgraded the bolt and added a firing pin return spring", so there must be more than one issue with the rifle, or, the spring wasn't enough of a fix.
I'm doubtful you're going to fix anything by replacing an OEM bolt, do you really think a replacement USA made bolt has a better chance of working then the IMI military bolt? They just want to cover all the bases IMO with the lawyers with the guns marked 223 cal and not really safe for commercial 223 ammo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.