Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,793 Posts
Interesting. I guess they want to increase profit. Cannot blame them.

·
59,793 Posts
That's true. More people know about GB

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
It's pretty lame. Doesn't even rate a mention in my book, they aren't sponsors anyway.

SlimTim

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Ah, but if they used gunbroker they'd have to honor an inspection/return period rather than the "as is, no returns" policy attached to each listing they have (all 4 of them...)

I guess it was easier to set up and run their own auctions than allow for returns.

·
Registered
287 Posts
century auctions

there was a dealer a while back that tried to start their own auction site after getting bounced out of AA & GB due to customer complaints & rules violations. sounds like bad news to me.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Century branches out since they have mastered quality control and customer service now.

Awesome.......

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
Found an email from CAI touting it (again) when I got home this evening, had to check it out to see if it was, indeed, as bad as I remembered. One point that stuck in my mind is they supposedly set it up to maximize their upside on "premium" collectible items like the M1 carbines they recently had.

That being the case, wouldn't you suppose they'd try to portray their wares in the best possible light? Why then, do absolutely ZERO items listed have even a semblance of a DECENT PICTURE? It's like they found the lousiest camera they could and used the worst lighting and got far enough away so that no details could be seen. :(:mad:

SlimTim

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
That mauser looks a lot like a G98 I got years ago that was imported from China (a real WW1 German one, not a knockoff). It also had no buttplate and looked in similar condition. I think I paid $30 and that was $10 too much. I think the only serviceable parts on it were the trigger, sear, and magazine floorplate.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I havn't bought anything from Century since last year when I bought a #4 Enfield and had to send it back because it was rated as very good but when I received it it was rusty and the crown was worn out. They sent me a replacement it was in little better condition so I sent it back. They sent another replacement, it needed a new stock and alot of cleaning but it was at least in good condition still not what I paid for but at least it was shootable.

·
Gold Bullet Member
886 Posts
Ah, but if they used gunbroker they'd have to honor an inspection/return period rather than the "as is, no returns" policy attached to each listing they have (all 4 of them...)

I guess it was easier to set up and run their own auctions than allow for returns.
Gunbroker does NOT have an inspection/return period.

·
59,793 Posts
Auction Arms is the one that has a three day inspection period.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It seems to me to be a bunch of overpriced crap. My opinion is that they're hoping some of the "Great Unwashed" will drop in and bid. What really concerned me was "all sales are final - or no returns". Only one item was of some potential interest, but IMHO the price was way over the top coupled with the no return policy. As for me, I pass!

Someone with more knowledge may correct me.

Chuck

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've been following the items on there and it looks as though things are moving and the things that aren't are having their starting bids lowered to generate interest.
Based on what I am seeing on there, a number of these items are items that Century would normally compile an "odd lot" list on and handle in that method. Which if any of you have ever seen one of those lists, to say that the descriptions are sparse would be an UNDERSTATEMENT! The prices on some of the items seem to be pretty well in line with what I am used to seeing (there was a Gen 3 Glock 19 on there earlier this week that sold for $379).
But like anything - I guess the story goes, if you don't like the price, condition, terms, etc - don't bid (similar to a normal auction)
Just my two cents - but seems like an aweful lot of negativity on here for a "new" auction site. :cool:
Happy hunting!

·
Registered
81 Posts
also when i checked it out i saw nothing unique or special. trying to auction items that are available readily makes no sense.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts