Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a C308 15 months ago, and finally got around to fiddling with it, have never fired the rifle yet, and was removing the buttstock assembly in order to try to swap stocks, and somehow I broke the guide-rod that houses the recoil spring off of the end plate. It appears to be riveted in place, but the metal just snapped right off.

I just checked, and Century's warranty is 12 months, and I am 3 months out of warranty. (Do I have a chance that they will still repair this, or send me a replacement part?)

The PTR91/G3 rifle parts dont look the same, so this appears to be a CETME only part. Any ideas where I can get the entire rear assembly? I dont want to try to just rivet on a replacement rod (I have no idea how to do rivets on a part like this).

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,901 Posts
I bought a C308 15 months ago, and finally got around to fiddling with it, have never fired the rifle yet, and was removing the buttstock assembly in order to try to swap stocks, and somehow I broke the guide-rod that houses the recoil spring off of the end plate. It appears to be riveted in place, but the metal just snapped right off.

I just checked, and Century's warranty is 12 months, and I am 3 months out of warranty. (Do I have a chance that they will still repair this, or send me a replacement part?)

The PTR91/G3 rifle parts dont look the same, so this appears to be a CETME only part. Any ideas where I can get the entire rear assembly? I dont want to try to just rivet on a replacement rod (I have no idea how to do rivets on a part like this).
Check with Century first. They may offer to either repair it, or maybe send you replacement parts. Worst case, they tell you to go pound sand ...

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe it's because of what I have heard about Century in the past, but I went ahead and bought the parts from Apex, $5 for the guide rod with the rivet, and just in case I cant figure it out, I bought the whole CETME C style assembly for $20.

If I can figure out how to peen the rivet to the back plate, then I will end up with a spare.

I was surprised at how easily that last one broke, im not even sure how I snapped it.

I also figured out the the HK91 olive drab stock that I was trying to put on the CETME was not really fitting. Should I sand down the fitting area of the olive drab stock to make it fit, or is this a lost cause?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Thank you for purchasing your CETME Model C parts at APEX Gun Parts.
If Century Customer Service had not been able to take care of you with warranty service, I suspect they would have referred you to APEX for parts support.
APEX has a LOT of parts for that rifle.
https://www.apexgunparts.com/rifles/cetme/cetme-c.html

We also have wood butt stocks, should you want to upgrade the plastic replacement.
Entire Model C kits are available on our site too.

Richard

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have a complete G3 stock assembly on my CETME, and it was pretty easy to install. Just had to file off some burrs on the receiver, now it slips on nicely and fits snugly. I figure it's just a matter of tolerances in the receiver, so a CIA stock assembly may not be a drop-on fit either. The only technical difference I could find was that the rod on the G3 had a plastic buffer at the end of the spring, I just snipped it off with wire cutters and it worked just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.