Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,168 Posts
Hogwash!! What am I to feed their Century Arms Makarovs I have?

I got your ammo license .....

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I think that any 9X18 ammo will shoot in your century Makarovs. There are lots of other places that sale the same ammo.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Do you think it could actually be related to shipping costs? The same rule goes for CA an Nevada customers as for WA state. Shipping has to kill Centurys profit margin when shipping to the far western states. By only selling to FFL customers in those states it would eliminate a lot of more costly customers, and supplies are so limited these days it probably really doesn't matter and the result would be better profits for the company with little to no loss in over all sales. Remember Century is about the $$ in this business.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I suppose this is not surprising. The laws regarding ammunition sales are troublesome. Found in fine print 450+ pages of legalese in the ATF book "State Laws and Published Ordinances- Firearms" There are many variations for every state, county and city. Even after reading a particular citys regulation I find it unclear needing further interpertation. Just a big pain in the ass.

Not to mention there doesent seem to be any money in it. I mean, if a dealer pays the same price as a mail order consumer....

Liberty

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Yup, no more sales to CA, NV, WA, and a host of other states in the East, and IL, etc. My rep says they are probably moving to limit sale to FFL O1s everywhere eventually. He mentioned some kind of lawsuit, and Century figured it's cheaper to end ammo sales, than fight the lawsuit. I kind of knew this was going to happen, but I am very glad it didn't happen when the ammo was priced decently, and even cheaply!! If you have friends who are FFLs, Not C and Rs, you can have it shipped to them, or if you live close to a free state, you can pick it up over there.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I am currently good on ammo, but I do like a bargain when they do come up. I have been toying with the idea of a Saturday only gun shop. I have the property across the street from my business, and then there is my workshop property where I could have a steel building up in one month that is on a third abutting lot. Utilities are all on-site with my workshop which would be just 10' away.

Now here is the plan for my wife who does not care for my collection unless I am selling and giving her the money. I build a concrete safe room in one corner. I am talking structural concrete on all sides and the top and slab. My Grandad built all types of government air bases, huge fall out shelters, defense plants, municipal plants and on and on. He can work with me on it. He is a spry 86 year old (Pacific WWII Veteran) that can out work most 40 year old men. A nice vault door from your local safe company (I will make air arrangements) and you have your perfect weapons lock up along with the Tornado shelter since we can have them on any date. I have been in or around construction since I was born. If I take my time, I can do most of it with one or two of my sons along with Grandad. I have one son who enjoys guns and knives, then I have one who has the same genetic defect that I have. He would help for payment in rifles.

If I did this, then I would have to get my SOT also.

Tribrothers

·
Registered
617 Posts
I just got a response from Century as to why they don't ship to CA. No reason, and now they only ship to FFLs in CA.

·
Silver Bullet member
263 Posts
Well, I got my reject notice today, a week after I placed my order....hum...wont' sell me ammo,Rifles are the biggest crapshoot on the market....why am I still doing business with them again?

*Munches on crow pie*

-Hasso

·
Registered
362 Posts
i am very glad that i live in the south were you can get what you want have what you want but that day will come when they try to shut it down

1 - 14 of 14 Posts