·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any comments?

Product ID: AM1312A
Taiwan .30-06 Ball (151 GR.)
Details & Associated Product Family

Brass case, boxer primed, corrosive. FMJ. 264 rds./can. On Garand clips. Clips will be rusty and ammo may show oxidation and be tarnished & rusty

Price: $49.87

I think (hope) it will go bang.:confused: Can't be dangerous bad...Eh?

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,911 Posts
Beware the boxer... I remember hearing they use non-standard boxers and are thus unreloadable. So just treat it as corrosive 30-06. I keep corrosive stuff away from my gas rifle (sks) because it greatly complicates cleaning, considering how religious i am with keeping them clean, it already takes me far too long to clean it without worrying about missing a speck and having it rust (though it never has). Judging from the fact it is on garand clips, i take it you will use it in a garand. Just remember soapy water.

·
Copper Bullet member
754 Posts
+1 on the non-standard primers. It is not reloadable (been there, tried that). Other than that, what I had shot fine. I did have the occasional jam, which I blamed on the Tiawanese clips.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Why use that corrosive stuff in your Nice garand when you can shoot t he Greek stuff which is NOT corrosive? Not worth the hassle to me and the Greek 3006 Is very accurate also in my experiences.Just my two cents worth.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok...Got some simply 'cause I wanted ammo for when I do get an M1...Qualified with one in Parris Island in 1959.

Review:

First is Aim: Greek 192 rd can with Bandoleers and clips for $59.95....a total of $132 for me with delivery for double cans, about $.34 each, delivered.
Absolutely wonderful looking Boxer Non Corrosive.
Bandoleers and clips all look new. Well worth it.

Century: 528 rounds (double order) in card board box and no bandoleers. Total of $112.69 or $.213 each, delivered. Clips will go for that. Taiwan.
Dirty ammo, some dents (useable) corrosive with light to medium rust on bandoleers. WD 40 will probably clean clips up, and could clean brass if I wanted. Boxer (?) primed and I'd use them for back up ammo or just plain plinking.

Caveat: I don't have my rifle yet so I don't know failure rate, if any...yet.

Don't want anymore, but do not regret getting these (can be used for componets if won't fire).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts