Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are pictures of the 92 CAI Catalog with some of the Mausers they had for sale.I was surprised to see the Steyr 34 and the 1940 Belgians.The Steyrs were thrashed but wish I had bought one
Text Photograph White Font Paper
Text Photograph White Style Font
Text Photograph White Style Line
Text Photograph White Font Paper
Text Photograph White Font Black
Text Line Paper Parallel Document
Text Photograph Paper Font Paper product

Reactions: kspro

·
Registered
493 Posts
Those Colombians are worth a mint now. The 1940s are worth at least 500 matching in decent condition in original 7mm. The Steyr-Solothurn 12/34 is worth 1200 if complete in fair condition. Matching and good condition they've reached over 2k

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Inflation calculator puts those Colombian rifles at $92 in 2020. How I wish.
A friend and I were recently discussing this issue. The "claimed" inflation rate vs the real inflation rate.

We started the conversation about his 1997 F-350 that was $22k brand new off the lot. My truck (which I purchased USED) was $68k new off the lot.

Sure even my base model 2017 has more gadgets and doo dads, course they will break in 5 years, and at 3 years old it is already rusting through the fenders, makes you wonder, what VALUE did I get for my money?

If inflation is correct, that truck should cost $35k, not double!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
it's more useful to compare the prices of 'usual' rifles from the 1992 CAI catalog, not the ultra-rare ones:
  • Brazil M1908, good condition (does that mean all matching?): $ 100
  • Brazil M1935, good (and usually all matching): $ 125
  • Swedish M96, good & hand-picked (i assume all matching): $ 95
And: gun prices have increased higher, compared to the prices of other goods, because of
  • increased demand, due to the fear of law changes
  • smaller offers: there are no 'new' imports of Mil-surplus any more (except the RTI imports actually now)
Chris

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My friend went to Century at the time and he said the Columbian Steyrs were Trash.They had hard use and poor storage,No Finish left and cracked and broken stocks,about half were in Vz-24 stocks..He did get one from them that was Matching,no bluing and a bad bore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.