Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How good are these guys on getting out "in stock" products for next day delivery? Just wondering out loud.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I have always had good luck with them shipping promptly.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
70,023 Posts
I only heard of one complaint and UPS figured in that one.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have only ordered from them once and it was shipped pretty qiuck. Just keep in mind that the prices they list are for cash so they charge 3% more for credit cards which is one thing that keeps me from ordering from them more often since they are a internet based company and most of their customers pay by credit card they should just have one price like everyone else. If you pay by check or money order that payment has to be processed by someone which cost them money in labor where the credit card transaction is electronic which saves them money in labor, go figure.

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
I have bought one rifle from them. I was initially disappointed in the gun, but after some elbow grease, the piece turned out great.

pahtu.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,341 Posts
Got a CZ-82 last week from them. Delivered second day after order.

·
Registered
97 Posts
They charge 3% more for credit card use because the credit card company charges them about 3% to process the transaction. Companies that don't don't charge 3% eat the fee.
Allan Schisel
Not really "eat the fee" it is rolled into the cost of business and is passed along to the consumer. Just like labor, utilities, insurance, rent etc.. Bucko's point is valid if their primary income is internet based. There is indeed a cost on their part to process checks and money orders that they are not recognizing. I too am reluctant to deal with sellers who pass that along to me as a penalty for using plastic. I am also turned off by internet sellers who charge a handling fee. Every single product they sell needs to be "handled" unless the bulk of their business comes from a brick and mortor store front. JMHO

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
70,023 Posts
The items in a brick and mortor store front are handled also.

Figure what complaints there would be if a handling charge was instituted on thos etype of sales.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The items in a brick and mortor store front are handled also.

Figure what complaints there would be if a handling charge was instituted on thos etype of sales.
Yeah "you gonna charge how much to ring it up and put it in the bag?"
I think if more e-sellers would stop trying to be like a bank and nickel and dime you with fees then there business might be a bit brisker. But with the current fare it takes a good deal of research to determine how much will it cost to put past my threshold. It's a lot like choosing a cell phone plan. That is why I like Century. They are up front about shipping, it is easy to figure out and if you buy enough there is no shipping charge. Grant it does not pay to by any thing less than 76 dollars, but I can live with that

·
Registered
675 Posts
They charge 3% more for credit card use because the credit card company charges them about 3% to process the transaction. Companies that don't don't charge 3% eat the fee.
Allan Schisel
I know of very few companies that will charge the customer the 3% fee. My sister has her own buisness and would rather have people pay by credit card or check card rather than checks (that can bounce) or cash. It takes her more time to deposit checks and dealing with cash which takes time out of the day that she could be selling merchandise. I can deal more with a minimum purchase than to charge me extra when I am making it easier for them to do buisness by using a credit card. If a company has something I really want but they are going to pad the price with fees I would look somewhere else first and compare the price and the quality before I would buy.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't like Centerfire. Ordered a Mosin from them once. A week or so passes, still no rifle. So I call. "Oh I'll walk back there and check.........it just shipped today." Few more days pass, still no rifle. I write them telling them that I was cancelling the order and not to charge my card. They charged my card and shipped the rifle the next day. Too many other dealers like SOG, Classic, and AIM who I have always had good luck with to waste time on them. And to tell you the truth I've never seen where their prices are all that fantastic anyway.

I don't mean to offend. These are all just my experiences and opinions.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys. First time I have considered to buy from them. I know they are a sponsor, I like to ask before I buy. So here I go. A CZ 82.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts