Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already own a Romak PSL with the Dragunov style stock and the longer barrel, but these rifles look sweet! Anyone own one yet? I love the look of the shorter 16.5" barrel and the plum, green, or black furniture.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/RIFLE-AKFPK-PLUM.aspx

GET FREE PACKAGE WITH PURCHASE OF PLUM AK-FPK RIFLE.
Package valued at $130

Free Package Includes:
•PSO-1 4x24 Scope
•(2) Additional 10rd 7.62x54R Mags
•AK Slip-on Buttpad

Rifle features:
•7.62X54R

•Built upon Category 1 (nice, unissued) Romanian PSL rifle parts kits
using a special receiver that allows for the use of regular AKM-type butt stocks and pistol grips.

•Plum-colored Synthetic Furniture

•2 Standard 10rd Dragunov Mags

•16.5" Barrel

•Non-pinned Dragunov-type Muzzle Brake

•14mm Left-Hand Thread on Barrel

•Scope Mount Rail on Receiver

•Dragunov Scope will work with this rifle.

•Tapco Stainless Gas Piston

•Manganese Parkerized Finish on Receiver

•Manufactured by Waffen Werks

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
Until someone verifies shooting tons of heavy ball, I wont consider. Reason I won't buy a PSL. I have a boatload of 182 gr Yugo, and 204 gr barnaul SPs...

·
Diamond Bullet member
5,534 Posts
Well, I built one a few months ago. The CFS offering is a Waffen Werks build I believe.
They are unique and a "mega" AK type in that configuration. I built mine in a similar pattern but with some changes. Alao cost me about 60% of the CFS price and my time of course. It shoots well.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?172174-AK-54r-Build
Yessir, you're to blame for my lusting after this rifle. Yours is a beautiful specimen and when I saw the e-mail notice from Centerfire, BINGO!

For those of us that don't have the time or talent to build our own, we'll have to pay the price. I'm glad a sponsor was the first one to market with it.

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
54,087 Posts
Until someone verifies shooting tons of heavy ball, I wont consider. Reason I won't buy a PSL. I have a boatload of 182 gr Yugo, and 204 gr barnaul SPs...
I have wondered if some of the fixes discussed for the Lancaster AK74's would work to allow the PSL's to shoot heavy ball as well...

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
There is a post trhread, maybe on the Sniper Forum, where a guy got one of the Waffens and it was a total POS. Something about a test model being sold? I dunno. Until I hear more positive stuff, I'll stick with my PSL, WZ88 and m92 Krink.

As for Heavy Ball in a PSL, BIG NO-NO! DO NOT shoot Heavy Ball in a PSL. I don't wanna get into that again, as we've had some heated discussions on the topic in the Sniper Forum, but it is a quick way to have a rifle go grenade and put all the parts in your face! I'll say the same thing I ended with the last time we had the discussion, 'cause some wanted prrof as in pics of an exploded PSL: It's your rifle, shoot what you want, but I won't ignore the design specs and save 3 cents a round just to blow my damned head off! They were designed for Light Ball. Heavy wasn't even being made anymore, when the PSL and SVD were designed.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
The recoil buffers have been tried. They are NOT a fix to allow Heavy Ball in a PSL. They still allow the receiver to be hammered, as well as stressing/stretching the rivets on the trunions. It's stupid to load .357 Mag specs into .38 Specials and put them in Airweight 5-shot revolvers, too. Tho, it's about the same result.

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
54,087 Posts
There is a post trhread, maybe on the Sniper Forum, where a guy got one of the Waffens and it was a total POS. Something about a test model being sold? I dunno. Until I hear more positive stuff, I'll stick with my PSL, WZ88 and m92 Krink.

As for Heavy Ball in a PSL, BIG NO-NO! DO NOT shoot Heavy Ball in a PSL. I don't wanna get into that again, as we've had some heated discussions on the topic in the Sniper Forum, but it is a quick way to have a rifle go grenade and put all the parts in your face! I'll say the same thing I ended with the last time we had the discussion, 'cause some wanted prrof as in pics of an exploded PSL: It's your rifle, shoot what you want, but I won't ignore the design specs and save 3 cents a round just to blow my damned head off! They were designed for Light Ball. Heavy wasn't even being made anymore, when the PSL and SVD were designed.
If it was this thread they are dealing with a std length PSL not one of these, although it was still made by Waffen Werks
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?175957-PSL-exploded-in-my-face-after-10-rds

You mean the vinyl or plastic recoil buffer?
No I was referring to various ways talked about to vent excess gas in an AKM design.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,141 Posts
A 16.5 inch barrel in 7.62x54R ! Now that is going to produce a definate fireball, no matter what weight ball round used. Just yourself a good set of ear protectors too.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,341 Posts
Read through the 6 pages of this thread and you'll read the story of a couple buyers. I was ready to buy this rifle until reports started coming in. From my point of view, the x39 gas system on a x54 gun is not working. There are issues with this rifle that go deeper than just poor build quality and/or junk parts.

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=122923

Here's Slick's AK54r saga. Undoubtedly one of the most patient men alive:

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66545

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
Wonder whatever happened to these. I don't recall ever seeing one for sale on the secondary market

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,613 Posts
11 uear old post.
The PSL became $2000 rifle.
Waffen Werks is long out of business. And building a AK54r short rifle is $$$.
I have one I built several tears ago.

·
Silver Bullet member
51,851 Posts
I went with Ak 308…
Russian sagia with stock rigs to set up completely wood or dragon style plastic stocks for fears stated here other places…
not being in the know i opted out…three years or so back got ssg 2 steyr New in box..
haven’t shot it….looks nice…best I could do….at the time<>< dan

·
Silver Bullet member
51,851 Posts
Any one know if the wood stocks molet fit without modifying my sagia?

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
11 uear old post.
The PSL became $2000 rifle.
Waffen Werks is long out of business. And building a AK54r short rifle is $$$.
I have one I built several tears ago.
Your 54r is the first I've ever seen. Have all the other Waffen Werk 54rs been relegated to the dust heap? I've never seen one listed at auction. I've seen the old 5.45s pop up, but never the 54rs

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,613 Posts
WW did not produce many 54r short rifles.
They are in the hands of owners.

Small number of rifles and owners.
No surprise that they do not appear on the marketplace.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts