Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,329 Posts
I saw that auction - did you win it?

That's the old "TCW" ammo - Tula Cartridge Works. A precurser to Wolf. I've posted before that I thought they should have never done away with it. Arcom, an old original poster, always agreed with me about the quality of this ammo (Where IS Arcom?).

Wolf then entered into a contract with the Tula Cartridge Works and started exporting the 109-grain conehead that wouldn't feed right and had all kinds of QA problems. But that older TCW "White Box" was good stuff.

·
Copper Bullet member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, didn't even bid on it. It's still up for grabs.

·
Registered
840 Posts
The first generation of the Wolf 109gr was round nosed and had the copper washed cases, looks just like what's in that photo. I just got 1100 rounds of it and it's great stuff. Never had the conical 9x18 but my carry gun (.40S&W) has feed issues and I think it's the shape of the projectile.

I want some 120gr Wolf, anyone know where to find it? (or willing to sell a few boxes?)

·
Super Moderator
6,329 Posts
They only imported a couple pallets of that Wolf 120-grain. As a HP round it was completely bogus - it would not expand. Sure did penetrate though!

·
Super Moderator
6,329 Posts
And, you're right pwhited - when Wolf first contracted with the Tula Cartridge Factory they exported the round-nosed bullet under their logo (which they labeled "bi-metal case"). It was shortly after, in the space of a few months, that they discontinued that round and ordered up the coneheads.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've not had any problems with the coneheads feeding but I had polished my feed ramp before I had ever bought the first box of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts