Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like it was intended for the crossbolt safety, originally.
Enlighten me. I’m assuming you are talking about the large screw on the right side of the Webley above the trigger. I have a Mk IV pocket model that was made around 1000 units later (same year) that is missing that screw.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The Webley is an interesting specimen. It is built on the pocket model frame, but has a "non-pocket" barrel length. It also has the large butt that is some times seen on true pocket sized specimens. Not a common version in my experience. I understand that the large headed screw is an importer's mod to past the 1965 GCA drop test, is it not?

Peter

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
T
The Webley is an interesting specimen. It is built on the pocket model frame, but has a "non-pocket" barrel length. It also has the large butt that is some times seen on true pocket sized specimens. Not a common version in my experience. I understand that the large headed screw is an importer's mod to past the 1965 GCA drop test, is it not?

Peter
Import mod would make sense as my pocket model is not an import. Here are pockets (Mk III and Mk IV)
Revolver Light Air gun Trigger Wood

1 - 9 of 9 Posts