Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up a ce43 ser# 5138f, all matched..but "sporterized"(UGH) by the vet..very nice markings, especially on the barrel..G2658, and WaA 37's all around..my question is..the triggerguard is stamped..unmarked except for a Eagle 135..just wondering if this would be correct...the patina matches the correct milled floorplate, etc. Oh, and the stock has the small bolt cutout generally seen on Steyr stocks (if my memory serves me correctly), and is also numbered to the rifle.

·
Banned
7,242 Posts
CE is Sauer and Sohn, not Steyr.
43 I think would use a milled trigger guard, but I guess if it is LATE 43, it might be stamped?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Working from memory, I flubbed up some stuff...small cutout stock being Steyr..however my main question being with the Eagle 135 stamped triggerguard, I was wondering if this could be from the lot of rifles started by Sauer and finished by Mauser/Oberndorf...

·
Silver Bullet Member
596 Posts
I have a vet bb mostly matching ce 43 in the "i" block that has a milled triggerguard and floorplate that are numbered to the rest of the rifle. I am not sure how that bears on yours as far as the obie finish but I thought I would throw out the info.

Ski

1 - 5 of 5 Posts