Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I think I did much better on this one, compared to the last K98 I bought. ;) My first truly all matching K98, a CE 43. Purchased from a member of the G/K43 boards:

·
Silver Bullet member
1,420 Posts
Nice Rifle. That's one I'd like to find. Enjoy it.

·
Gold Bullet member
592 Posts
Luke, is that front barrel band waffenampted? I have an all matching CE 43 with that same closed front band but BBOTW lists them as having the H style? My Sauer is in the same condition as yours & never been touched. Does it have a BPR unnumbered butt plate?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Luke, is that front barrel band waffenampted? I have an all matching CE 43 with that same closed front band but BBOTW lists them as having the H style? My Sauer is in the same condition as yours & never been touched. Does it have a BPR unnumbered butt plate?
I also have a vet bringback CE 43--all matching but bolt--and it has a closed front band too.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My 42 ce has a closed front band too, my 41 ce is a recovery from a sporter, so the band was missing. I think Hambone told me it was supposed to have a closed band, so that's what I put on it when I restored it.

·
Gold Bullet member
592 Posts
Carl, how is the butt plate marked on your 43? Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
60 Posts
New CE 43 question

I just picked up a CE43 K98. Its all matching, not import marked and has a mint bore. It does , however, have a very dark blue and straw colored extactor similar to RC guns. I figure its either near brand new, the Russians managed to take it apart and reassemble it without getting anything mixed up or someone went to extrordinary lengths to restore and remark a CE43. So what have I got?

·
Registered
60 Posts
No Russian capture mark. Looking at some of the numbers, and using some imagination, its possible that some of the numbers have been restamped. The metal surface on some of the numbers is oh so slightly off. If it has been restored, someone is very, very good at it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, I don't see any WaA numbers on the barrel band. Buttplate is un-numbered.

·
Registered
24 Posts
CE43 "Mod 98"

I find it very interesting that the script used for "Mod" is exactly the same script as used on a "Turkish" Mauser of mine that wasn't scrubbed hard enough to remove the "Gew" ancestory of the rifle. A very nice find, congratulations!

--- Makarov Manic

·
Gold Bullet member
592 Posts
Luke, my buttplate is marked bpr waA497 (no serial #) bands are all waA280 w/serial #

·
Registered
87 Posts
My 1939 "27" has the Fracture script "Mod". Noticed alot of the later K98ks have the Roman script. When did they change the script?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts