Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it was on a prior version of these Boards someone mentioned CDNN Investments was out of stock on this stuff. It's the brass-cased, boxer-primed 180 gr. FMJ ammunition headstamped "JMS 02" or something similar.

I was able to order two more cans of it yesterday, so it is around again. Very accurate for me, and good brass for reloading. However, like everything else these days, it took a price hike up to $138 per 420 rd. ammo can. Fortunately shipping was only $9.99 for both cans; unfortunately they require an adult signature for each case.

I'm not connected to CDNN in any way, just thought those who've used this ammo successfully in the past might like to know.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I know that Ammuntiontogo had some of this 762X54R and they sold out. Yep it is very good ammo. That price is hard to take. I got some of this stuff from CDNN I shot 100rds and reloaded it and the brass reloaded nice I did have to trim the brass it is just a little long.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree all the N/C stuff is pricey; but non-reloadable (Berdan/steel), commercial Brown Bear & Barnaul is only a penny or so a round cheaper. Shoot, steel cased milsurp is 15 cents a round PLUS shipping, or higher! Gettin' pretty sad when a case of corrosive 50 year old ammo cost more than a like-new Mosin!

·
Registered
62 Posts
7.62x54r

yes, CDNN has the ammo of above and it's pretty good stuff. I've gotten about four cases when they were about $110 + freight. and freight wasn't so bad. I've had one case where the powder didn't go off. It filled the chamber full of unburnt powder. and the bullet stayed in the barrle. I did get the bullet out of the barrel. But it is boxer primed and reloadable. If you use this brass, check your case length before reloading. I had one case reloaded (I think) three times and it grew 55 thousance. ANd no, the case loaded, would not go into the MN that I was shooting. (I brought the case back home, pulled the bullet and checked the case length)
But it's still good ammo.
Pat.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"and freight wasn't so bad." I hear ya. Was charged $9.99 flat rate for ammo from them for two full (fifty .caliber) cans-worth, west Texas to south Florida. Hate to think what that woulda cost me from J&G .......

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dunno 1Eye, AIM's done me pretty good over the years. Other than Widener's they normally have the cheapest ammunition prices for what I buy. They're just over the invisible shipping zone line for me though, and a thousand round case typically runs about twenty bucks.

AIM doesn't sting me with higher shipping rates or a credit card charge like Centerfire does .......

·
Administrator
3,432 Posts
Out west here in WA state, AIM quoted me around $40 shipping for a case of 54r. Shipping prices on ammo is a killer for us west coast guys. For that reason, most of my ammo comes from Century, SG, or local shows.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This would be true for you guys out west. Same for me back east with J&G, shipping's too high to send something heavy like ammunition clear across the country. I used to really load up on ammo when I went to Knob Creek once a year, but the deals there have dropped off radically in the past 12 -- 18 months.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Excuse the ignorance but what is CDNN?

I think it was on a prior version of these Boards someone mentioned CDNN Investments was out of stock on this stuff. It's the brass-cased, boxer-primed 180 gr. FMJ ammunition headstamped "JMS 02" or something similar.

I was able to order two more cans of it yesterday, so it is around again. Very accurate for me, and good brass for reloading. However, like everything else these days, it took a price hike up to $138 per 420 rd. ammo can. Fortunately shipping was only $9.99 for both cans; unfortunately they require an adult signature for each case.

I'm not connected to CDNN in any way, just thought those who've used this ammo successfully in the past might like to know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts