Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buys a Krag rifle from me with photos provided plays around for 2 weeks on shipping. that should of been my first red flag finally decides on where he wants it shipped to rifle is shipped and delivered July 21 I get a message stating he has received the rifle and it looks good and appreciates my understanding with his shipping hassle fast forward two weeks I get another message stating he has inspected the rifle and it is not as described and goes on to say what is wrong with the rifle. Now at this point he has owned the rifle nearly a month if not a little longer so I ask what is he expecting out of me at this point which he replies I mislead and lies through the entire sale but never once did he ask for and addition photos or description he would came to me sooner then a month after the sale was complete I would of been more then glad work with him but at this point I feel like he is doing nothing but slandering my name and integrity in hopes of getting something for nothing so seller and buyer beware of this cheat

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
He sold me a Krag-Jorg Rifle.

"In excellent condition SN puts it around 1904 the rifle is 100% original with original Oiler in the butt. Bore is mirror bright no pitting or erosion bluing is 95% with ware on the edges stock is clean and solid no cracks or repairs email [email protected] for photos and questions asking $950 plus shipping for the rifle no sales to NY or CA"

He stated '95% bluing' and '100% original' specifically.

The magazine 'floor' plate is in the WHITE. As is the trigger guard. The rest of the 'bluing' and other finishes is all a lot of neglected tarnishing. Damn near no bluing, merely tarnish, as expected of any Krag you'd see with a mag 'side/floor' plate worn/scrubbed to bare white steel.

He stated 100% original. The stock has been sanded HEAVILY and refinished. The edges on the finger grooves are so rounded off it's the most obvious example of sanding I've seen on ANY rifle. There's also an old crack in the handguard.

I told him about the issues, he decided that the sale had already been made so there was nothing left to talk about. Yes, it took me a while to find a place he could ship it, as I'm in a decently anti-gun town. Ended up needing to have it sent 4 hours away (my born-raised town) and collecting it even later. After all this, I got my C&R Type 03. I made sure things hadn't broke in shipping, functioned, etc, and told him it was good. When I brought it out in the light of day not too long later to actually shoot it, then compared it with his description, the horror show was obvious. Yes, my delays and not inspecting it carefully made this worse, but not sure they mattered, as Boobietrap still hasn't even acknowledged any wrong doing or issues with rifle/description.

He posts his thread without pics, and then emails people blurry pics in a very dark environment it turns out. The parts in the white were reflecting the darkness of the pics.

Do not buy from this guy. He's looking to sell whatever to whoever with WILDLY exaggerated claims and can't be trusted. He can't recognize the difference between 'full original bluing' and parts being stripped white, nor "100% original" to sanded heavily and refinished.

BUYER BEWARE THIS SELLER. Save your money and stress and don't buy from this guy. If you do, be very careful and assume he's either LYING, or just blind as a bat and has no idea what he's talking about.These are MY pictures. A lot better lighting and a lot clearer than the few provided to me.

The parts not pictured all generally have either a lot of missing blue, or are either some form of rough parkerizing or browning finish, or are completely 'patina'd' grays and browns. Original finishes on Krags can be various finishes though, so I can't be sure. Sling swivels are certainly worn white in most spots though, already dropping finish to the "95% bluing"

Buttplate is half white, with dark frosting with some slight reddish rusting. Has empty pits from serious rust removed. "no pitting or erosion bluing is 95% with wear on edges"
IMG_20200823_194017.jpg

White and pitted magazine side plate. "no pitting or erosion bluing is 95% with wear on edges"
IMG_20200823_193848.jpg

Harder to capture, but all edges completely rounded. Stock condition is very uniform, as though stripped, sanded, and refinished. "100% original"
IMG_20200823_194251.jpg

White with old pits. "no pitting or erosion bluing is 95% with wear on edges"
IMG_20200823_193933.jpg

Cracked handguard. Dark, been there a while. "stock is clean and solid no cracks or repairs"
IMG_20200823_194047.jpg

Here, a whole album, complete with seller's pics. Yes, I should have asked for better ones. There were a few other people interested adding real time pressure, and I really wanted a nice Krag. Trusting GB member's became the deciding factor. But Boobietrap is the poor example of a GB member.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cwOjJmcIBXQbiL9QCYisCBa5ZOdn_Ziq/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you received the rifle and saying it looked good then come back a month later and saying you’re unhappy with it
???? no guy I don’t think so you received the same photos as anyone else all this boils down to is you wanting something for nothing and it’s not happening if you didn’t come back after you said the rifle looked good a month ahead of this I could understand but a month after you received and messaged

1 - 3 of 3 Posts