Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came to find out about the leather scabbard for the Cavalry carbine variants and was interested in learning more about them for a future purchase. A search online didn't reveal too much and even here on the forum I couldn't locate too much about them. Maybe there's an official term for them that I'm not using?

I'm interested in learning about what markings I would look for on a legitimate example and what factors play into the overall value. I've seen what I believe are original examples selling in the $200 range, but I don't know much about them. What time period were they made and issued? Were they made in the WWI or WWII (or both?).

Appreciate the help everyone!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Got to the www.il91.it site, go to the section titled "Dotazioni personali" and then scroll down to the "Fonda da cavalleria" for a couple of images (same images also on page 307 of Chegia/Simonelli's "The Model 1891 Carcano Rifle"). The 1935 date in the detail image suggests continuing production from WWI onwards. As with anything else collectable, condition (complete straps, buckles, studs, leather supple, etc.) dictates the value/price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.