Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(Hehe, I can't wait for Vaarok to see this one ;))

Hej alla!

Until recently I have only had the pleasure of owning one Swedish M96 (that I absolutely love)... But a couple days ago I managed to snag a second absolutely BEAUTIFUL Swedish M96 for a heckuva deal (relative to its appearance). It's now without a doubt a new cornerstone of my collection...

It's your basic CG 1899 M96... With one major asset. :)

Unfortunately, it has a couple 'issues.'

The good: Just look at it!

The bad: It's for the most part- a mixmaster. But worst of all- some nitwit attempted to make the bolt match. And it doesn't look like the work of Swedish aresenals either... Though the cocking piece is electro-penciled (and has the tilted crown). Everything else though (bolt handle, cocking sleve, safety...) all looks like it was srcubbed and stamped with the matching numers with a non-original-punch-wielding monkey... Augh! I would rather a mis-matched bolt than a bubba-matched bolt!

The ugly: The rear receiver bridge was drilled for a diopter sight... Sigh. Oh well.

Overall, this is truly among the prettiest guns I own. And even with its shortcomings, I'm absolutely thrilled to own it!

Enjoy the pics!

-Palimino

P.s. The photos simply do not do it justice!

Attachments

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,201 Posts
No doubt you have a beautiful stock . That is a former Swede civilian target rifle . We have seen a number of them with the civilian stamped bolts . Not that unusual !!!! Good news , you can put diopter sights on it & it will be a target rifle again . Here are the rectangular measurements for the 5 diopters that have the diagonal hole patterns :

Elit = 11m/m x 22.5m/m

Söderin & Hellqvist = 11.5m/m x 21.5m/m

GF & Pramm = 11m/m x 21.5m/m

Not much difference in the mounting holes , but enough that they are not all interchangeable .

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I feel better knowing it was a Swede civilian target rifle in its past. I may just return it to that status with a diopter someday too. And thanks for the offer Vladymere, you might here from me one of these days. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.