Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
#1 reason for leading in any gun, hands down - undersized cast bullets. You should measure your bore and make sure it's not any larger than .451. If it is, you may have a leading problem. If you are using a newer made commercial gun, it will probably be what it's supposed to be. (9mm - .355 groove) If your shooting anything older, military surplus, or any gun manufactured by some outfit of questionable quality control (think raven/jennings ect .25's) you MUST measure your bore. If you're shooting them out of a revolver, the bullet should be sized to match the cylinder throats as close as possible to allow chambering, not the barrel. I can't think of any "normal" handgun caliber that would require a gas check. (maybe the .500 s&w and all that mega stuff does, but I don't own one) Some handguns will lead for unknown reasons, even when measurements are correct. This happens much more frequently in revolvers than semi's. In that case, you may need a gas check. I have not personally owned a handgun that leaded no matter what. There is usually always a cause, it's a matter of finding it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.