Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GJD
Posted - 02/25/2006 : 4:22:09 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is the correct sight picture on a 91/41 Carcano? Are you supposed to hold the front post at the bottom of the rear sight "V" or do you even out the top of the post with the top of the rear "V" ? Thanks.

DMala
Posted - 02/25/2006 : 9:16:30 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hold the front post at the bottom of the rear sight "V", have fun!

PS Some original military manuals say to hold the target at the bottom of the "V", slowly raise the post, and shoot when the front blade first shows up. I am getting better results holding the post at the bottom of the "V", and then raising both to the desired point of aim. Maybe you can try both ways and see what works for you.

Scotty
Posted - 02/25/2006 : 9:42:02 PM

carcanosightpicture.jpg
Download Attachment:
11.55 KB

GJD
Posted - 02/26/2006 : 12:43:58 AM
Ok, thanks. I have been using the wrong sight picture. No wonder my shots were so high.

WesinMI
Posted - 02/26/2006 : 1:37:47 PM
Make sure the sight leaf is forward and "buried" in the slot on the handguard. The revealed rear sight is then the "battlesight" notch. If you leave the leaf to the rear, the battlesight range is the lowest rear sight setting - 300m if I recall which will still be quite high at 100 yards.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts