Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
12,270 Posts
Which exactly Carcano bayonets? Some of them are rare and expensive (#1, #5 & #7 from top, for example)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Nick's question is appropriate, although I would have assumed you were talking about either an ordinary 1891 bayonet or one of the M1938 bayonets. The highest priced of the "ordinary" lot are the 1938 folders; if you are looking at a Type I (early style with the latch lock) the prices, if and when you can find an example, are astronomical. For the Type II folder they do run high; it's all a matter of availability. Not to rub salt into the wounds, but my first folder, which I bought along with my first Carcano back in 1957, cost me all of two dollars... the good old days were good! Ralph

·
Platinum Bullet member
10,539 Posts
Standard M91 bajonets still aren't too bad pricewise. But everything else - like M91TS are not cheap. Obscure examples like the odd Vetterli bajonets will really cost. I recently paid through the nose for an M91 altered for use on a Vetterli. I need a Vetterli moschetto bajonet & am hoping I'll score one at a militaria expo in Europe.

Overall, I don't feel Italian bajonets are disproportionately higher than other collecting genres. Not much is inexpensive these days. SW

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok that makes sense. I've just looking at the prices for them, mostly the m91 and folders and they go from 100 to 250 or more for folders. But the prices are all over the place. Just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just have to look for a deal.

I got a M38, which I wanted a folding bayonet to keep with it. Saw prices up through $350 on eBay and GunBroker (no bayonet sale thread in the classifieds had one).

Eventually found a decent one on GunBroker (pawn shop was selling it), started at $99. Said that $199 was the reserve, and free shipping. Bid the $199, and won. It isn't pristine... but no rust, not sharpened, and works correctly. Forget which type it is, but the push button one, which pulls out of the handle and folds. Looks cool on the rifle.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a m38 short rifle with the wrong stock on it. Need the right one. Then I'll get a bayonet for it. Just trying to figure out the average price for one is a challenge. I have a
Model 38 Fucile Modello 91/38, and need the correct stock and hand guards for it. Anyone know where I can get one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Try Liberty Tree; they have both, but it's gonna cost over $180 for the two items. That's assuming you have a front band and bayonet lug already, if not, you're probably better off looking for a complete M38 fucile corto...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.