Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
12,845 Posts
The Russian captured and rearsenaled German 98k Mausers provided to the Viet Cong and North Vietnam are among the most common rifles captured and brought back to the US by American fighting men.

If no one beats me to it I’ll post some wartime photos of bundles of Mausers that we captured. I’ll try to get that done later tonight.

·
Gold Bullet member
12,845 Posts
While I look for the wartime images here's a photo of the plaque on one of my 98k bringbacks:

·
Gold Bullet member
12,845 Posts

More to come.

·
Gold Bullet member
12,845 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
12,845 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
12,845 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
12,845 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
12,845 Posts

I have more but I don't have time to search for them at the moment.

·
Gold Bullet member
12,845 Posts
No sun tan either.
REMF!
Probably took the rifle from some enlisted guy.
I do have a little information on the GI and the circumstances involved. I’ll post it when I can.

Reactions: Bob Fleming

·
Registered
527 Posts
when I was in FT Bliss, TX in the late 80s, I bought a book at the PX that had all of the small arms that were used in the VN War. I cannot remember the title of the book, but it had plenty of pictures and I wish I could find a copy of it.

·
Gold Bullet member
12,845 Posts
when I was in FT Bliss, TX in the late 80s, I bought a book at the PX that had all of the small arms that were used in the VN War. I cannot remember the title of the book, but it had plenty of pictures and I wish I could find a copy of it.
You guys are putting me to work! I have a half a dozen (probably more) US military tech manuals and training guides on the various small arms used by the VC/NVA along with probably every commercially published book on these guns.

I have taken dozens and dozens of photos of these manuals and books in anticipation of composing a thread on the subject, but sadly like many of my projects, I haven’t had the time to complete and post what I had in mind.

I will try to post something soon.

Reactions: Bob Fleming
1 - 20 of 49 Posts