Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to reproduce (with pics) from old board.

Posted - 06/05/2007 : 5:31:49 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just today got the first new-produced m/1862 cap for Swedish volunteer sharpshooters movement. Will be used by a new group in Eskilstuna that will reenact the sharpshooters there. The sharpshooters got the first uniform 1862 (m/1862), m/1879 came 17 years later followed by FSR:s uniform m/1900. After 1913 uniform was not mandatory but several shooting-costumes followed.

Here is the m/1862 together with a Wrede:s rifle.

And m/1879 (actually an original) with a Remington.

Last m/1900 (later made, originally leather-peak) with a Mauser m/96.

A few old pics.

Regards,
ARILAR

Smokepole50
Gunboards Premium Member

USA
151 Posts
Posted - 06/05/2007 : 5:39:55 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very cool items Arilar. It would be nice to have one of those hats here in the US when using the M96 in competition shooting. It would help make the moment when all your shots are in the 10 ring.

Regards, Smokepole50

JK
Gunboards Super Premium Member

USA
404 Posts
Posted - 06/05/2007 : 6:31:55 PM

Arilar
Thanks for the photos. The Wrede's Rifle is outstanding. And if you can get any extra hats please let me know.
Thanks, John

arilar
Gunboards Premium Member

Sweden
244 Posts
Posted - 06/06/2007 : 02:36:50 AM

Glad you liked them!! The m/1862 has taken me 9 month to reproduce. No original exists but as we know the model was based on what then became Swedish infantry army-model 1865 (armens lågmössa m/65) together with a few photos and original 1860 books made it possible. Very important was the retired ladies at CTH Ericson http://www.cth-hattfabriken.se/ that still are able to by hand put the cap together. I visited the CTH company/museum frequently for "brain-storming", adjustments and try-outs. The m/1862 is a very high-quality handmade item. The green fabric was choosen because this group http://evhf.se/index.html knew that they originaly had a dark-green colour. Often volunteer sharpshooters was dressed up in navy-blue.
The cap you see is the first prototype and will be delivered to Eskilstuna this friday. So....you are the first to be able to see it!! Actually, I think this cap m/1862 can be made for you! Take contact with CTH Ericson, Tord is the guy to seek, and remember...the cap is named "skarpskyttemössa modell 1862".
JK, the Wrede is in extra-ordinary good shape. Will get back to the "Wrede" and "army rifle m/60" in another thread when time allowes me.

Regards,
ARILAR

swede

USA
1955 Posts
Posted - 06/06/2007 : 7:21:44 PM

Your M-1862 hat is a really neat item to have . By any chance does the same company make the M-1900 hat ?

arilar
Gunboards Premium Member

Sweden
244 Posts
Posted - 06/13/2007 : 09:43:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by swede

Your M-1862 hat is a really neat item to have . By any chance does the same company make the M-1900 hat ?

Yes, they did had them made. This particular "m/1900" (style called Vega-mössa) was imported by CTH Ericson and I dont know about their production right now. Maybe you could ask them? The nice badge with crossed rifles and stars is original for "Skarpskytterörelsen" (volunteer sharpshooters movement). Not to expensive but hard to find.
Regards,
ARILAR

Edited by - arilar on 06/13/2007 09:44:30 AM

1 - 1 of 1 Posts