Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NC Star scope mount (same as the MP5) and a leapers rubberized scope. I was able to get it on at 25 yards, then moved to 50 and then it impact point moves up. I checked all the screws and they all seem to be tight. From what I can tell, the mount is not moving, but it has to be. The scope used to be mounted on my AR and always kept zero. Is there any tape or other process to keep it from moving rather than metal to metal? I wam going to try another scope, but would rather try it all at once. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
IMHO, if it is a stamped receiver CETME.... Unless you HAVE to have it. Take it off. Those clamps will walk, not to mention will that NC Star even take the abuse from a CETME. Of course on the other hand someone else may be having plenty of luck with them..... Dunno....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I alwyas used it with iron sights, but my eyes are starting to fail me so I moved to a scope. I want to at least feel like I can still hit something at 100+ yards with it. I am willing to try a few things and I f I am unscussessful, back to iron sights.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the impact point is higher, but after zeroing it in at 50, It moces up about 6 inches then I adjust the scope and tighten all the screws in hopes that it has settled. After 3 times of this, the scope has run out of adjustment. I started all over again with a new scope and reseating the mount. I will try again this weekend. Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No set screw, just the two that tighten it down. What I did do was I removed the mount completely and started again. This time I put a dab of JBWeld under each leg of the claw mount. This way I can tell if the mount shifts since it will break the seal. If it does then JBWeld is easy enough to remove in this very small amounts. So far 50 rounds and its holding zero at 100 yards.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I used a "dual rail SWAT mount" from Tapco part #MNT-606H, and have had no problems since I figured out about the set screw. It's a see-thru mount which allows me to use the irons also. I think I paid about $25 for it. It works great since the tap screw keeps it from walking so you only have to tighten it enough to keep it on without squeezing the receiver to where it binds the bolt.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So far it is holding, but mind sending me a pic? It seems that the tapco one may no longer be available. I want to make sure it is the one with a set screw if this one come loose. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts