Gunboards Forums banner

Canadian Arsenal No4 MkII spike bayonets

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Centurion03 
Please do not pay too much for one, recommend you just keep haunting various arms fairs or gunshows and have patience. I see these at shows in the mid-west states all the time. I was collecting Canadian, US, and Australian enfield models in 2005-2007, have them all now, and made contact with a couple British bayonet collectors at shows to buy the matching bayonets and frogs. I think I paid $25 USD for a Canadian Mk II spike bayonet and scabbard with the blue frog. I later paid $10 for a new in the arsenal wrap and grease British Mk 2 blade bayonet and for an extra $5 USD picked up the matching new in the grease and arsenal wrap scabbard. This matched the mumwrap MkII No 4 I found earlier that came without the bayonet. I am not bragging here, but mentioning the low prices as basic 2005-2007 prices for these in the states and I do not think anyone could make fakes and sell them for these low prices. The bayonet dealers I deal with seem to find large amounts of fairly scarce Enfield bayonets all the time. I do not know if they drive to Canada to surplus stores or if they have sources or long ago bought stocks. Haunt shows, as recently a walk-in tried to sell a batch of bayonets to a dealer, who was short of cash, so because I had dealt with him before, he sent the guy to me and I gave him $20 for a greasy old No 1 MKIII enfield bayonet and scabbard. He named the price, I paid. When I cleaned all the heavy grease off, it was an as new issued OA Lithgow bayonet 1942 or 1943, can't remember, with the brown mangrovite Australlian scabbard and square metal tip. I would have paid more, if I had known what it was, but it took me an hour just to clean off the dried, heavy grease etc. Just haunt shows, most average gunshow types don't know a British bayonet from an Australian bayonet and they are all considered old Brit surplus items. Most will be happy to sell one, so negotiate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.