Gunboards Forums banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
48,428 Posts
Those were uncalled for rude comments. Some people never grow up.

I've been in minefields, backrooms what ever you want to call them. They are all the same so I'm pretty sure I'm not missing anything important.

I do like current events and bantering back and forth - debate, my high school history teacher infused that into us. Which is the draw to Grumpy Old men. Debate is good and no one is going to change anyone's mind about anything. It is important to shoot down the lies and rhetoric - false news as you say as there is so much out there.

I posted a lot in the RTBA forum prior to the Grumpy forum opening up without begging some mod. Why would that matter? You don't own the forum and everyone has a right to it even if you are a 69'r.

I do like curly1's girlfriend. hehe

Some one above said the survival forum should be tossed. So I gave my opinion. I I just feel those other forums should go first if any.Politics is contentious.

No one is getting my data and I'm not getting any spam from here, and never have. If you hook u to your phone I suppose they could acquire personal data, depends on how it's set up and if your running a VPN, which yall should do when online anyways.

you advocate removal of forums, where, you know, people communicate,

that honestly, and admittedly, you know nothing about,,

just your own assumptions,,

how Democratic of you

·
Super Moderator
6,164 Posts
Of course the survival forum should stay. ‘Nuff said.

All boards ebb and flow with activity. A slowdown in posts always happens.

This is a great board with a good moderator who has stepped in when things got weird. And they haven’t gotten weird at all in relation to other boards.

·
Super Moderator
16,496 Posts
The survival forum was created in 2006 because there was some interest in the topic. The owners were from the start concerned that it would attract a certain type of member that maybe didn't fit in at Gunboards, but they were willing to give it a try. DrZero and myself worked very hard to steer the forum away from the guns and tactics type of "survivalists," including the anti-government and militia types that the owners feared would come out of the woodwork, to a place where we can talk about practical things like gardening and long term storage. We weeded out the undesirables because we feel that this should be a safe place of learning. If you don't get hung up on a person's politics or religion they might have something valuable to teach you, so we made politics and religion off topic. Some of you keep bringing in politics to every thread and I'm seeing some personal attacks. This thread can be locked. This thread can be deleted. infractions can and will be issued.

Reactions: Estaban

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,541 Posts
This forum was the main one I posted too and told myself not to get into the politics. But got sucked in. Mainly had to respond to the grizzly bear dude (montana Bear bait).

I find the politics helps me understand others and is sorta stress relief. Soon it will be all over hopefully.

I did just post about first aid which seemed to be lacking here. Gun shot would kit. Shoulda had one years ago. Duh

Survival forum goes hand in hand with hunting and guns.

I think the boards would be better without the minefield and grumpy old men forums.
Have you ever posted in the minefield or grumpy old men forums?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I avoid the political threads because I'm vulnerable to suck-in, and because the only bigger waste of time is to follow the day-to-day political "news."

Life is too short to waste emotion on matters that are entirely "unactionable." (How many seriously don't know who they are voting for? C'mon.)

However, I am vitally interested in what these extraordinary events mean. For that though it's necessary to look to more thoughtful and considered essays and voices, of which there a good number doing good work. I won't paste names (and start another fight) but PM if you're really interested.

"TASS" (News) was the official Soviet new bureau and "Pravda" (Truth) the official Party newspaper; the saying went, "There is no news in Tass; there is no truth in Pravda."

·
Diamond Member
13,084 Posts
nobody and nothing will survive if folks can't agree on what is reality and what is clownish BS and the exact nature , quality, and seriousness of both the threats and advice about the situation

·
Silver Bullet member
32,438 Posts
"a place where we can talk about practical things like gardening"

I'll keep an eye out for the gardening threads.
I'm into that.

·
Diamond Member
13,084 Posts
don't see a problem with gardening.. lots of red veggies, few blue,.... well there are the green veggies and of course the fact that Native Americans bred and invented/ modified about 60% of the worlds main sources of vegetable staples and nutrition.. so there is that indigenous and green revolution conspiracy.. and the whole colonial thing.. eating corn or tomatoes or potatoes might be politically incorrect. heavens forbid if the true story of the first thanksgiving gets told The Myths of the Thanksgiving Story and the Lasting Damage They Imbue

so gardening should be safe

·
Silver Bullet member
32,438 Posts
I wouldn't think garlic growing could turn political but this might be the place to find out. I'll be planting in the next couple weeks or so. I'd be willing to give it a go.

It's not exactly Native American, Three Sisters subsistence horticulture before the encroachment and domination of Western supremacism but it's still gardening.

on second thought...
...maybe this is a bad idea

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I wouldn't think garlic growing could turn political but this might be the place to find out. I'll be planting in the next couple weeks or so. I'd be willing to give it a go.

It's not exactly Native American, Three Sisters subsistence horticulture before the encroachment and domination of Western supremacism but it's still gardening.

on second thought...
...maybe this is a bad idea
VLM......as in Vampire’s...yes?

·
Silver Bullet member
32,438 Posts
I can honestly report that I have not had one Vampire bother me since I started growing a strain of Sweet Red Spanish three decades ago.

...coincidence?

·
Diamond Member
13,084 Posts
distraction fake onion avoiding the potato conspiracy

21 - 40 of 70 Posts