Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems all the heavy hitters have bugged out, too bad, there was some great info dished out here, previous.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
48,695 Posts
new format has some scared off for whatever reasons, (I've gotten used to it,)

also seems to be a bit polarized here lately, that may have something to do with it as well,

·
Registered
9,798 Posts
Not if it becomes political instead of practical.

Reactions: RetE8USN

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
it would be best if the survival/prep forum just dies or goes away.

every gun board, except a couple, have these paranoia induced forums that's draws the nutjobs like a moth to a flame

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think the information and discussion is great the political commentary not so much. I rarely post, probably should more but the information and discussion is worthwhile. I think this pandemic has created a whole new group of preppers. Good information here that will only get better if it stays on topic.

·
Registered
246 Posts
In my opinion the question of survival/preparedness splits on the question of staying put or on the move. Some subjects matter in both scenarios, like first aid skills. But if someone is staying where they are, it's a different situation than if they need to bug out. Folks in wildfire and hurricane zones have the greatest practical need for bug out planning.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
This forum was the main one I posted too and told myself not to get into the politics. But got sucked in. Mainly had to respond to the grizzly bear dude (montana Bear bait).

I find the politics helps me understand others and is sorta stress relief. Soon it will be all over hopefully.

I did just post about first aid which seemed to be lacking here. Gun shot would kit. Shoulda had one years ago. Duh

Survival forum goes hand in hand with hunting and guns.

I think the boards would be better without the minefield and grumpy old men forums.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
part of the issue is the lack of personal security and adds on this new format and the same for several other boards I frequent, as well as the tie to google and FB and tweeter and whatever other social media I don't use. I get friking adds to my email and phone now because they have meta-data tied them to accounts I have here and on 1919A4 and M14 board etc. I get all kinds of google FB etc "come join " now that I did not get before this format change . I just return a big FU. The new format is much less user freindly in my opinion, but maybe because it works on phones better ? it is being pushed all over. As long as you realize that google and microsoft are recording everything you write here and can tie it to your bank, address, car license and birthdates of your kids and dog, as well as what you bought on ebay and amazon - and are ok with it, then be happy. There are a lot of us who just dial back - and yes, the new format may be about money, but all these forums have lost a shit ton of knowledge and info because of it. This has been discussed on the boards before, and I know a lot of the oldsters and some youngsters who value their privacy are gone... and yes, the gun boards in general have all slowed down - a lot. Social media is the big "look at me - look at me" that is killing this country.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
48,695 Posts
This forum was the main one I posted too and told myself not to get into the politics. But got sucked in. Mainly had to respond to the grizzly bear dude (montana Bear bait).

I think the boards would be better without the minefield and grumpy old men forums.

you have been here 10 months,

you have never posted in the minefield, and not in the grumpy guy section before the switchover,

and you want both abolished?

why?

too much free talk?

and
says a lot about you, does it not?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Those were uncalled for rude comments. Some people never grow up.

I've been in minefields, backrooms what ever you want to call them. They are all the same so I'm pretty sure I'm not missing anything important.

I do like current events and bantering back and forth - debate, my high school history teacher infused that into us. Which is the draw to Grumpy Old men. Debate is good and no one is going to change anyone's mind about anything. It is important to shoot down the lies and rhetoric - false news as you say as there is so much out there.

I posted a lot in the RTBA forum prior to the Grumpy forum opening up without begging some mod. Why would that matter? You don't own the forum and everyone has a right to it even if you are a 69'r.

I do like curly1's girlfriend. hehe

Some one above said the survival forum should be tossed. So I gave my opinion. I I just feel those other forums should go first if any.Politics is contentious.

No one is getting my data and I'm not getting any spam from here, and never have. If you hook u to your phone I suppose they could acquire personal data, depends on how it's set up and if your running a VPN, which yall should do when online anyways.

·
Registered
9,798 Posts
Oh dear.
Here we are, right where this rubbish usually ends up.

·
Silver Bullet member
32,680 Posts
"So I gave my opinion."

Yes, you did, but the comment that comes closest to what you claim was said, was...
"it would be best if the survival/prep forum just dies or goes away."

Note the forum being discussed. Seeing as we're actually in the survival forum it makes some sense to discuss this here in the survival forum.

now...
Look back over what you wrote with an eye towards separating useful survival forum related information from personal opinion and rate yourself. You think politics are contentious? Have you given any thought as to why that is?

btw-
You want to discuss politics or offer political opinions, try the forum with Politics in the name. If you ever feel like bullshitting about lawnmowers or chainsaws over a cup of coffee on Saturday morning, try the 'field.

Have a good one.
later...

1 - 20 of 97 Posts