Gunboards Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
10,840 Posts
i just got back from my dads - his neighbor checked it out and confirmed it was 6.5x55 - loaded it up - and shot a small tree in half. thing shoots awesome and the sight is true. cant wait to get a bunch of ammo for this thing...
I will play along. You have demonstrated that 6.5 Swede works. Now you should demonstrate that 7mm Mauser does not work. Get it?

If 7mm Mauser does not work, then you are right.
If 7mm Mauser works, then you are wrong and Bob is right.

· Banned
10,840 Posts
this is the 1st gun i've ever fired...i leave it to the experts lol but i'm just saying i had 3 different people look at it and call 6.5 without knowing anything. that being said i have no idea if they know what they are talking about. what happens if you put a 7 in a 6.5? will it just not fire or will it blow up in my face?
The 6.5 is slightly smaller, like Bob said, and when you fire it in 7mm bore it will either not engage the rifling or engage rifling only partially. Form the description of your experiment, it appears that the projectile mostly engaged the rifling.

Overall, 7mm Mauser and 6.5 Swede were made for small ring mauser action, there should be no blow ups because the action is designed to handle the pressure generated by either of the cartridges.

The problem is the mechanical condition of the action. You have a Spanish military mauser in 6.5 Swede, Spaniards did not make their military rifles in 6.5 Swede. Do you see the problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.