Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A neighbor has a nice single action handgun and a CCW permit. He asked if that was OK for CCW carry? We chatted a bit and I advised it would not be my first choice, but that was better than nothing. Since the SA is slow to reload, I advised any shots would best be to cover a retreat to safety.

In many cases, the presence of a gun sends bad guys running until it does not! I will keep advising the lad.

Webley

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,417 Posts
"Better than nothing" is the key here - but unless one is a seasoned/practiced trick or hipshooter, single actions are slow "to anything".
Seriously, how did this character skate-by CCW screen?
This is the type of question that should have been asked prior, while still in that months-long class, not after a permit is issued.

·
Administrator
3,267 Posts
"Better than nothing" is the key here - but unless one is a seasoned/practiced trick or hipshooter, single actions are slow "to anything".
This is the type of question that should have been asked prior, while still in that months-long class, not after a permit is issued.
WHAT months long process? You need to know what state they are in, as the last couple of states I have had a CCW, you just need to pass a background check...

I would rather not carry a Single action, but the reality is, for me at least, if you need more than 5 or 6 shots, and need to reload, you need a rifle :)

Ed

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PT,

What "CCW screen" in PA are you referring to??? Where in PA is there a CCW "months-long class?" I have lived in PA for 76 years and have no knowledge about what you mentioned.

What state are you in?

Webley

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
In my state we fortunately don't even have to pass a background check to carry concealed now. We're a constitutional carry state.
Same thing here, BUT, the license lets me carry other places than my home state............

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.