Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this in a load of militaria from a friend of mine. I know it is Japanese, but I was wondering if it is actually WWII or even military. I haven't been able to dig up a whole lot of info on Japanese headgear.

By the way, I do have the pin for the left side of the strap. It came loose and I hadn't put it back on when I snapped the picture.

Thanks in advance!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, guys. Does it have any kind of value, or is it the type of thing that is just as well given to my kids to play with? My buddy gave me the batch of militaria for some money owed. If the hat is even somewhat collectible, I'm happy to pass it on and try to recoup some of my money. If not, I guess it might become an interesting Christmas present for a friend who collects WWII militaria, or a toy for one of the kids. :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I'd say that it is a legitimate collectible, but still non-military. If it doesn't fit into your collection, I'd say list it on the trader board here once you figure out what you want for it. Some here would like it, I'm sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.