Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to post this, so relocate if necessary. Found this at a flea mkt. cheap and bought it, but don't know what rifle it's for. Looks to be very complete and good condition. Several of a few parts. Appreciate any info!
Textile Sleeve Luggage and bags Purple Bag

·
Registered
14,668 Posts
Maybe but the oil bottles look Warsaw Pact(ish) to me?
The magazine adapter looks like its for 7.62mm NATO as well.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not sure where to post this, so relocate if necessary. Found this at a flea mkt. cheap and bought it, but don't know what rifle it's for. Looks to be very complete and good condition. Several of a few parts. Appreciate any info! View attachment 3884540
I see a Magazine Loader/Stripper Clip Guide for a 1918 BAR and possibly a Flash Hider. In the upper right corner there are two BAR extractors, two take-down pins and a firing pin.

Not certain about the webbing or the oilers; and the combination wrench doesn't look correct for a BAR.

Using DuckDuckGo, searching for "east german tool roll" I got two hits: one from GunPartsCorp (Numrich) and one from Etsy, both of which are Out of Stock and neither provide any details other than dimensions on the Etsy listing.

.https://www.etsy.com/listing/246522349/armorers-tool-roll-military-surplus?show_sold_out_detail=1&ref=nla_listing_details

GS38

·
Platinum Bullet Member
57,843 Posts
I see a Magazine Loader/Stripper Clip Guide for a 1918 BAR and possibly a Flash Hider. In the upper right corner there are two BAR extractors, two take-down pins and a firing pin.

Not certain about the webbing or the oilers; and the combination wrench doesn't look correct for a BAR.

Using DuckDuckGo, searching for "east german tool roll" I got two hits: one from GunPartsCorp (Numrich) and one from Etsy, both of which are Out of Stock and neither provide any details other than dimensions on the Etsy listing.

.https://www.etsy.com/listing/246522349/armorers-tool-roll-military-surplus?show_sold_out_detail=1&ref=nla_listing_details

GS38

I noticed the BAR firing pin etc on the top
not sure on the wrench,

besides the US, FN made the Mod D and didn' t Sweden use the BAR as well?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate all the replies, gonna put up some better pics later. I did see a BAR extractor somewhere that looked like these.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Looks like an FN model D BAR to me. I've got a couple of those. The polish and Swede kits are different in how they store the parts using metal cans and such. Could still be any of the BAR varieties though.

Frank

·
Registered
151 Posts
Amafrank, You're spot on. That L-shaped device with the square ended shank may be a Ruptured Case
Extractor for FN Model D, according to Numrich:

And if you scroll to the bottom of the page you will find the FN Model D combination tool, too.

Still not sure who made the tool roll. Probably someone's put-together?

GS38

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found pics of the firing pins and extractors, and flash hiders. You guys are correct, definately BAR parts, just can't find any pics of that wrench. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
FN-D parts - don't fall into the trap of thinking the web gear and all goes with it. All those parts would not be in a gunners kit, so my guess is some one put it togther.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I disagree that it's Brit. I can think of almost none of their stuff that used leather strapping.

By contrast, a lot of Euro countries liked their webbing and ordered some... It looks continental. Leather-on-webbing always does, to me.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Took a better look and only found a small mark on wrench, I can't make out, and marks on both firing pins. Oh well, at least figured out that its BAR related. Maybe someone may need it now that I know what its for. I don't figure I'll ever have one! Thanks for all the help.
Wood Auto part Metal Gas Machine
Wood Bicycle part Material property Font Metal
Finger Thumb Gas Circle Electric blue
Gesture Material property Thumb Nail Tints and shades
Gesture Material property Thumb Nail Tints and shades
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Ammunition Bullet