Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the guy was asking $289 and so i snagged it up. i know a little bit about it as i've been doing research online for about a week. it's got WaA80 stamped above the mod. 98 and the letter "e" under the serial number. i also know that it was made by waffen works bystrica. i'll throw some pics up and i'd appreciate any info/feedback.

btw, it was a Russian Capture and i gently removed the shallac without messing up the wood (citristrip and some rags). i know that it's not the proper stock also. i'm looking for a semi-kriegsmodell stock (with the bolt disassembly but using the bands that use screws and no cleaning rod or bayonet piece).

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here are some pics with the cleaned up stock. nothing was lost/removed other than the shallac and there was no sanding done.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. i used Howard's feed and wax and it's some great stuff.

i've been looking everywhere for a kriegs stock but haven't had any luck so far.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Even though you are a jayhawk I can help you out on some of the parts you need.;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
ClintJohnson- haha, i am a jayhawk fan for sure, but i have respect for ou and osu - i'm not a hater. if you have parts that you'd be willing to part with to help me complete my set, i would be more than willing to pay you for the help/trouble.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
DOU 45

This is the one (rc) I picked up 5 years ago from IO, It came with the Semi-Kriegs stock on it.
HD2.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the pics hanselhd2 - they give me a much better idea of what mine is supposed to look like. that's a nice looking rifle.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,104 Posts
Nice looking gun. I have a 45 DOU and have been looking for other 45 codes for quite awhile (no luck).

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Dennis at Empire Arms had some (RC45's) about a year ago and was selling them for over $400. at that time. In the world of the RC the early S codes and the 45's (any code) are the ones that generally will be marked up.
HD2.

·
Gold Bullet member
500 Posts
You can check out my dou.45 restoral project, http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?163735-My-RC-dou.45-Full-Kriegsmodell-Project. I encourage you to stick with it 'cause the payoff when you have it mostly complete is fantastic. While it'll never be original since the ruskies messed with it it'll still be representative of a very rare 98k configuration. I'd also encourage you to get a copy of the newest and most complete study of late war the 98k, Kriegsmodell , just published by two of our board members. It is a fantastic study of this 98k variation and the best resource you'll find to complete the project you've undertaken. You'll save the cost of this book in finding and purchasing the correct parts for a dou.45 98k. Since your rifle is a "e" block it'll probably have a phosphated finish under the russian bluing. I think most all the e & f block rifles were phosphated instead of blued at the factory. My project rifle is sn 9393 e and appears to never have left the factory, the bore is mirror bright and it never got the final acceptance Wa A80 stamp above the Mod 98 on the top side of the receiver. What stampings do you have on the underside of the barrel ahead of the receiver? These are some interesting marks as well as what is visible with the rifle in the stock.

View attachment 296775

Good luck, this is the best website to find the information and sources for your project and the parts you'll need.

Bert

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.