Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
U.S. Air Force personnel out for a boat ride. My dad was in and out of Vietnam for the entire war, so it's hard to pin down the year. Around 1969, I believe.

Local kids begging for candy

Fishing boats, someone always had to keep an eye on them.

An F-4 that came up a little short, and ended up in the bay in about ten feet of water.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
U.S. Air Force personnel out for a boat ride. My dad was in and out of Vietnam for the entire war, so it's hard to pin down the year. Around 1969, I believe.

An F-4 that came up a little short, and ended up in the bay in about ten feet of water.
I do believe that would be Cam Ranh Bay.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The m and n are pretty close to each other on the keyboard, thanks for the thoughtful quote and critique though. Do me a favor, don't re-quote the pics just to be an ass.

·
Registered
616 Posts
yeah too bad they're gone now (the pics) :( my dad flew f-4's out of Cam Rahn in 65 or 66.... he did lose gear and slide off the runway once with ordinance.... told me he went out the side head first and gear hoses snapped him around to land on his feet.

·
Administrator
7,414 Posts
Odd - I see them fine. Even if oswago deleted his photos the copied versions would still be viewable. He wouldn't be able to delete those.

I'm not sure why bounce is glad I can see them but sure, thanks.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

I don't see any photos......

·
Administrator
7,414 Posts
boat rides, beer & Viet Nam tours ?

Not the Infantry tours I experienced but .... more experienced "Vets" in the rear had it good
I hope a lot more posters than me find fault with this person's sentiment. I served 2 tours in Vn and what I personally did there is beyond question by some person trying to be a tough guy.

To others besides milprilreb: Sorry; I tried to copy the photos to a web hosting sight and re-post them but they don't link.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts