Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Sorry, Duder. I haven't a clue. I've never done a ballistic computation on it. I simply dial the scope to "2". I use "2" for anything from muzzle to 200 meters. I'm not that particular of a shooter. Years ago, I read some 54R charts for the various milsurp rounds, but no lonmger have a Chrony, so, I can't really get that detailed, anymore. Tuco's site has tones of charts for various rounds, tho. Mostly for M/N's, tho. (Isn't the 54R.net site Tuco's?)

My shooting has taken a definite backseat to my riding. I did 2 round trips across the USA, last summer and a round trip to Denver from the Miss/Ala stateline, so, ya see what I mean? Also, that doesn't count the myriad little runs to the Atlantic, or Northwest Kentucky/Indiana, or North Tennessee. I spend alot of time on my old Shovelhead.

·
Silver Bullet member
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"I spend alot of time on my old Shovelhead."That's Cool, I 'm building a kit bike with a 113 S&S.I stretched the tank 2'',paint
is House of Color candy apple red,ect.You need to come here to eastern Okla,some really neat country.I will put you up.

·
Silver Bullet member
545 Posts
Not to hi-jack the thread, but I had a '63 Pan from the Dallas PD that still had the siren bracket on it, it was the real deal. Sold it to a jackass that wrecked it and knocked the front jug off of it. Made me sick!! On top of all that he PAINTED it.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Hi-jack hell! I'd rather talk guns n scoots than ANYthing but my Grandson! I rode my ol' 78 FLH thru Oklahoma twice last summer. Rode a 77 FXE thru Okie, as well comin' back from Idaho via Los Angeles. Hadn't been to my hometown in 34 years. My FLH is a '78 Golden that is being repainted Dupont Flame Red, again, right now. Yup, Okie is nice ridin' and farmin' country. There's that one place in Okie on I-40/66 that has like 25 miles of cattle feedlot. PEEEEEE-YEW! hahaha! I rode every inch of 66 from Santa Monica to St. Louis, last summer! hehe... Oh, also made a run from the MissAla line to Kentucky/Indiana then on to Denver and back, as well. IN THE RAIN! Every inch of the ride! hahaha! I live on the Mississippi Alabama stateline and pretty much like to see what's around the next curve. We're lookin' towards Mexico, again, this year. If I can scrounge the bucks for the ride. haha 1st run will be the GulfCoast, I have a Bro (got his 1st bike on E-Bay, the 77 Shovel I rode a bus to Payette, Idaho to get it) and he's ready for a road trip, so he gets to choose the run, and he chose the Coast for a weekend of ridin' and fishin' off the piers. Also, gotta make a return to Tybee Island, GA. Nice bar and campground down there and the Poh-lice are biker friendly out of season.

Mo D, I also have a mutt 45" WL. She started out as a Chicago cop bike, I have the siren and bluelight, also, but The Law gets ill when ya leave that stuff on it, now. The 45 is a 1936 thru 1971 mutt. haha I have 2 Springers (20" OS and 16" OS) for her, but she has a '71 Police E-Glide front end on her, now. Guess you could call her a Hydro Glide, haha a Flathead Hydro Glide! I also have diff set-ups for her, she has a 3-speed with reverse so I have rocker and suicide clutch set-ups, depending on how I feel that year. I also switch out front ends depending on what everybody else is "raging about", at the moment. I HATE to look like EVERYone else! She's about to get that 20 over back on 'cause EVERYbody has Bobbers, now! Damn them! I gotta cut the 16, as she's bent out at the end...wonder how the hell I did that? HAHAHA!

Anyway! Keep shootin', and NEVER quit ridin'!!! It makes ya old to stop ridin'!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.