Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DocAV
Posted - 05/17/2006 : 12:33:46 AM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bersaglieri Museum at Porta Pia...just ask the taxi dirver..."Porta Pia, per favore, Museo Bersaglieri"

Scene of the Bersaglieri breaching the walls of Rome in 1870, defeating the Papal Volunteers, and annexing the Papal States into the Kingdom of Italy.
"once more into the breach, my friends....!!!
Famous painting of the Charge, with the Needle Fire carcano Rifles (M60/66 Conversions ) in Plain View, as well as a complete Relic and Curio collection of the Bersaglieri from 1836 to the 1990s.

francesco
Italy
Posted - 05/17/2006 : 3:06:39 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carabinieri's museum in Piazza Risorgimento, near San Peter and Vatican Museums.
Infantry and granateers museums in Piazza santa croce in Gerusalemme.
Many ancient and historical guns (resorgimental, WWI and WWII wars) and also bandit's guns (like a thompson in use by infamous brigand Salvatore Giuliano) :)
Too much recreation! :)
Ciao
Francesco
PS: If you need further notices, I live in Rome :)

·
Platinum Bullet Member
995 Posts
Just returned from Rome last night.

The Carabinieri's museum is only open in the morning. The first day I went there it was closed, and when I went back the next day it seemed like it was partially closed as there were only flint and percussion arms on display. The stairway that I assume leads upstairs to more of the museum was roped off.

Carcano, do you know the significance of the British East India Company musket in the Sardinia display?

I did try to visit the Bersaglieri Museum, but the man at the door told me it was closed because he was the only person there that day!

I did manage to visit the British Commonwealth War Cemetery, as this was behind the appartment where I stayed. I wonder what the story is behind the 4 year old boy that was buried there at the far end of the cemetery in 1965?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
995 Posts
at least have you seen the Colosseum?:D
Yes saw that, and many many other Roman buildings.

Interesting that one of the display boards in the Colosseum stated that many of the wild animals kept there were tame!

I disremember the name of one hero that walked a bear and other creatures around the arena on a lead in the morning, and then heroically killed the same animals in the afternoon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts