Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Diamond Bullet Member
9,127 Posts
I get shipments of C&R long guns in California all the time with my C&R from both FFLs and non-licensed individuals.

Semi-auto C&Rs are fine into CA as long as they have only a ten round mag if the mag is detachable. Tube mag guns like C&R .22 and C&R Winchesters are fine. A CA resident could, for example, buy an SVT-40 as a C&R.

Handguns have to come into CA FFL to FFL and either have to be C&R or on the "safe handgun" CA list, which rules out most modern handguns but not C&Rs. All handguns have to go through the whole waiting period and background check, even C&Rs, excepting black powder muzzle loaders.

I much prefer UPS to receive my long guns as they notify me and let me pick them up at their center instead of having to wait around at home onve you register for their online "delivery choice" feature.

Some FFLs don't want to ship to CA because they have to go through an online "license check" on modern weapons to see if the CA FFL is really licensed in CA, but this isn't needed for C&R long guns.

· Diamond Bullet Member
9,127 Posts
+1.

Oddly enough, a modern Saiga Kalashnikov is Kalifornia legal as long as it has a "non-evil" sporting buttstock and no bayonet lug. You can even use your preban hi-capacity mags legally, as long as you owned them prior to CA banning new purchases.

Of course, we have "bullet button" requirements for using modern rifles in their "evil" configuration, so my AR platform has to use only 10 round mags and I have to push a little button with a tool to eject the mags. I can, of course, own all the older 30 round AR mags (as well as glock, S&W and any other hi-cap mags I want, as long as I had them prior to the ban, but I'm a bad guy if I ever dared put one in my bullet button AR.

You can even import a PSL or many other modern rifles, as long as you take off the thumbhole or "evil" pistol grip stock before import.

Go figure!

Just to add:
The FN-49 is ok in California for the reasons stated above.
The TRUE Yugoslav M59/66 is not legal in CA due to the wording of the penal code governing Destructive Devices: "Any bomb, grenade, explosive missile or similar device used to launch explosive projectiles."

However, the Century Arms modified (read: butchered) version with the ventilated tube in place of grenade launcher, a.k.a. the 'California legal' version, is ok ONLY under a 01 FFL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.