Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,938 Posts
Non FFLs are not supposed to ship via USPS I believe. You are supposed to disclose that a firearm is in the box at UPS or FedEx, but they are NOT supposed to ID it on the box anywhere. They ask for a copy of the FFL or FFL03 when you ship. You show it to them but keep it. I have sold several C&Rs to CA with no problems lately.

· Registered
3,938 Posts
Trying to figure all of the various local and State rules and regulations will drive you nuts.

Get a signed statement from the buyer saying that he can legally receive the firearm. And a copy of his DL. That is about all you can do to protect yourself. Shipping only to a FFL dealer should make it airtight.

JMHO

Ray
Great advice there. lots of dealers won't ship to CA because things can be interpreted different ways, and I feel bad for the remaining sane people there. But --- CA has no jurisdiction over you in Idaho. It is up to the recipient to know his local laws.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.