Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mailed my C&R renewal off on July 4 (picked up on July 5). Got it today. Just under 4 weeks.

I post this because members sometimes ask how long it takes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I mailed my C&R renewal off on July 4 (picked up on July 5). Got it today. Just under 4 weeks.

I post this because members sometimes ask how long it takes.
Sent my application off the first week of May. BATF cashed my check within days, but I still haven't been approved. I called a week ago and a lady said, very sternly, that my application is still under review.

I can't imagine what the hold up is. I have no criminal record, so that can't be it.

Good for you, though. Hopefully mine will clear soon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sent my application off the first week of May. BATF cashed my check within days, but I still haven't been approved. I called a week ago and a lady said, very sternly, that my application is still under review.

I can't imagine what the hold up is. I have no criminal record, so that can't be it.

Good for you, though. Hopefully mine will clear soon.
Update:

After my post, I decided to call again and was told that my C&R was mailed today!

I've never been terribly patient.:eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Eganfan,

Nice screen name. I assume this is referring to Peter Egan, the motorcycling journalist?
Absolutely! I'm a boxing writer and Egan is, to me, positively brilliant. Been reading him for, gads, thirty years now!

There are a lot of parallels between gun ownership and motorcycle/automobile ownership, at least where we tinkerers are concerned.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I enjoy Peter's writings a lot. He really has a way with words. Usually the first thing I read in the motorcycling magazines.

There are a lot of parallels between gun ownership and motorcycle/automobile ownership, at least where we tinkerers are concerned.
You can say that again. Particularly the part where the government and media always seems to like to get into the middle of both when they know so little about either.

I equate regulating horsepower to regulating magazine capacity, wanting to ban SUV's like wanting to ban "evil" looking guns, mandating helmets and seat belts to mandating safeties be added to imports that never had them, and on and on and on.

I also associate the freedom of riding and owning and shooting guns with some of the joys of life.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts