Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The C&R thread on going on this forum is a disgrace. Its not okay to be ignorant , one can easily google and find what is a C&R weapon and what is not. What a licensee can or cannot do.

Is the challenge of reading that hard folks ? Do your homework, read and then if you are not sure,
call BATF and find the answer.

If you are playing games, really doing business and using a C&R License , you deserve to be audited and be hyper you'll be caught. Shoe fits...?...don't do this.

C&R License can be a very advantageous thing to a collector still in the game of completing his collection . IT can be a real advantage to a collector who now wants to downsize (for whatever reason in life) and do so legally & easily.

Don't take opinions , get facts and then decide if a C&R License is an advantage to you.

·
Registered
913 Posts
It is absolutely correct that all of us have a responsibility to investigate and research issues and questions about our hobby. It is useful to pay close attention to what Supreme Court Justice Gorsuch wrote on March 2, 2020 in dissent when the Supreme Court refused to review the D.C. Circuit's decision that upheld the ATF's bump stock regulation re-defining "machine gun" when you think about asking ATF a question. He said:

The agency used to tell everyone that bump stocks don’t qualify as “machineguns.” Now it says the opposite. The law hasn’t changed, only an agency’s interpretation of it. And these days it sometimes seems agencies change their statutory interpretations almost as often as elections change administrations. How, in all this, can ordinary citizens be expected to keep up—required not only to conform their conduct to the fairest reading of the law they might expect from a neutral judge, but forced to guess whether the statute will be declared ambiguous; to guess again whether the agency’s initial interpretation of the law will be declared “reasonable”; and to guess again whether a later and opposing agency interpretation will also be held “reasonable”? And why should courts, charged with the independent and neutral interpretation of the laws Congress has enacted, defer to such bureaucratic pirouetting?

How and why, indeed.

·
Registered
21,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will

I can call BATF and ask a question, it appears this is not what some here want to hear. Now,
I may not like the answer but I will get an answer.

C&R information is pretty much in concrete...not going to slip and slide all over like "braces".

and I'll close , I very much appreciate the significant discount I get on powder, bullets, reloading gear etc etc with my C&R license. Didn't know that ??...well, do your homework !

I'm signing off, I think the anti C&R crowd will nit pick endlessly and actually, I got better things to do in life than try to educate them.

Should anyone of who is really interested in a C&R, and want to talk advantages , PM me.

·
Registered
913 Posts
It is funny -- or sad, more accurately -- how things spin out of control. I'm the OP in the other thread that apparently has put a bee in some bonnets. I never said that a C&R license isn't valuable to its owner. I don't have an 03FFL, and maybe I should get one for the discounts, if no other reason. But what I had originally asked about was the value of your 03FFL to me -- an individual without one -- in a transaction. And to be fair, a good number of folks said that in my particular situation, continuing to use the services of my regular 01FFL makes sense. I make no excuses or apologies for his business decisions; if he refuses to ship to 03FFLs, I understand that it is my loss because it limits my audience (though it has never really been an issue that I've noticed). But I guess that's how things are in the modern world, and it is a sorry state of affairs, people talking past each other instead of to each other. People have things to say, points to make, agendas to advance, but don't pay much attention to the question actually asked, or what the other person actually said.

·
Registered
341 Posts
It is funny -- or sad, more accurately -- how things spin out of control. I'm the OP in the other thread that apparently has put a bee in some bonnets. I never said that a C&R license isn't valuable to its owner. I don't have an 03FFL, and maybe I should get one for the discounts, if no other reason. But what I had originally asked about was the value of your 03FFL to me -- an individual without one -- in a transaction. And to be fair, a good number of folks said that in my particular situation, continuing to use the services of my regular 01FFL makes sense. I make no excuses or apologies for his business decisions; if he refuses to ship to 03FFLs, I understand that it is my loss because it limits my audience (though it has never really been an issue that I've noticed). But I guess that's how things are in the modern world, and it is a sorry state of affairs, people talking past each other instead of to each other. People have things to say, points to make, agendas to advance, but don't pay much attention to the question actually asked, or what the other person actually said.
Perhaps you should identify your 01FFL so that those of us that want to avoid patronizing businesses that discriminate against our 03FFL, can choose not to give him our non-C&R business.

I am of the opinion that these license holders are too lazy to familiarize themselves with the state laws, and that laziness likely transcends the rest of their operations.

As a former business owner, the two things that I cannot tolerate are ignorance, and laziness! I would go out of my way to earn and keep a customer, and expected everyone in my employ to do the same.

·
Registered
346 Posts
will

I can call BATF and ask a question, it appears this is not what some here want to hear. Now,
I may not like the answer but I will get an answer.

C&R information is pretty much in concrete...not going to slip and slide all over like "braces".

and I'll close , I very much appreciate the significant discount I get on powder, bullets, reloading gear etc etc with my C&R license. Didn't know that ??...well, do your homework !

I'm signing off, I think the anti C&R crowd will nit pick endlessly and actually, I got better things to do in life than try to educate them.

Should anyone of who is really interested in a C&R, and want to talk advantages , PM me.
FYI
the answer you get in a phone call or in person from an agent means nothing + is nothing but the answerers opinion - only binding documented determination in writing + signed by ranking official has real meaning - lots of C+R holders have lost their license + more by undocumented advice by ATF over the years ! - lots of meaning in old statement [[ i am from the government + am here to help you ! ]] - ATF has well documented history of using entrapment on law abiding citizens for the simple reason they are easier to convict then hard core criminals - all government agencies have responsible employees but also a lot of political motivated individuals with political agendas -

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.