Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
42,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently, there has been some talk about C & R licenses and the long waiting that was going along with it. I can't remember if it was on this forum, but I figured here would be a good place to let everyone know what I've found out, since it sees a high amount of traffic.

If you are waiting on a license, or a renewal, you may want to contact the ATF. I say this because after 3 months I called and they informed me that they moved their office from Atlanta, to somewhere in West Virginia. During the move, my application(and check) got lost. I missed it in my bank statements, but after I went back to look, sure enough, that check was never cashed. The gal on the other line did a search of their system and could not find it anywhere. As if it was never recieved. She informed me of the move, and the probability that it was lost. She sent me a new app and I mailed in another payment today. She told me that if the "lost" check surfaced, she would return it to me. She was very helpful, I might add, and given it's the government, I was very surprised. Small miracles I guess.

Anyhow, if any of you folks are waiting an inordinate amount of time for your licenses, give them a call. I'm willing to bet my payment wasn't the only one that got lost.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I guess I was lucky. It took three weeks to get my C&R.

·
Silver Bullet member
187 Posts
Renewal

I had my renewal also in 3 weeks.
Bob

·
Gold Bullet member
4,816 Posts
My renewal doesn't come up for another two years....by that time I wonder if they will even be allowing us to renew...:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts