·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bob in OHIO
Gunboards.Com Gold Star Member

1119 Posts
Posted - 05/20/2005 : 10:03:42 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I know there are some latewar collectors here like Mrfarb and others....but for ALL readers, I wonder if a phosphated specimen is more prized when compared to a blued piece?

1) For example, would you rather have a blued or a phosphated byf45?

2) Similarly, is a full or semi-kriegsmodell more prized than standard modell stock?

Thoughts/Comments?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My CD full of K98 pics... http://bobinohio.com/

[email protected]

Bill In Indiana

1661 Posts
Posted - 05/20/2005 : 10:34:45 PM

Phosphate all the way....they just look so much more business like...(if your business is war) to me. The phosphate 98k's seem to speak to me more.
I Also love the full Krieg's stocks. Something about the "desperate measures" look of them. Plus they do tend to be rarer.

boltactionsforever

USA
1719 Posts
Posted - 05/20/2005 : 10:42:01 PM

Definately Phospate with full Kreigs stock......

I really like my BNZ45 that has absolutely wonderful black phospate coating with a rough finish blued bolt---the color variations are wonderful....

Also have a bcd 4 5 digit with "clear" phospate coating....most people think these guns just have all the bluing worn off---and makes them worth zip....Boy how I love the uneducated know-it-all gun show vendors!.....

FYI

BAF

"the only way to fix that poor gun my lad"....

"Is to find the time machine that is set to one day before Vic' got his hands on it"

1 - 1 of 1 Posts