Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
award
Gunboards.Com Silver Star Member

USA
660 Posts
Posted - 02/02/2007 : 12:47:22 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read another thread and went to BBB.org
Looked up MM and this is what i read:

Rating "F" We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.

Nuff said on them, LOL

Wouldn't it be smarter to go to Trinity and get an m48 for $156. Hell, if you want a cheap shoot...why not?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm a fair guy, but this heat is driving me crazy!

The difference between involvement and commitment is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was involved, the pig was committed."

Edited by - award on 02/02/2007 01:13:42 AM

mauser_dude
Gunboards Premium Member

240 Posts
Posted - 02/02/2007 : 02:57:14 AM

Please post the link for the BBB results. I can't seem to find it...

I have tried using the following links but I get "Server Error in '/BBBWeb' Application" when I select mitchell's mausers.... Maybe everyone is hitting on it and causing it to crash.....:) Or its my super fine verizon dsl connection... Thanks in advance...

http://search.bbb.org/Results.aspx?s=mitchell's+mausers

http://search.bbb.org/Results.aspx?n=Mitchell's+mausers&add=PO+Box+9295&c=&st=&z=

Added after the link started working:

Here is the BBB's explanation of MM's F rating:
"Our complaint history for this company shows that the business has not responded to customer complaints brought to its attention by the Bureau."

Nowhere near as bad as what you initially posted.....

Edited by - mauser_dude on 02/02/2007 1:57:56 PM

award

USA
660 Posts
Posted - 02/02/2007 : 09:55:18 AM

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13150072

I hope I don't offend anyone, but after reading the report from the Better Business Bureau, I thought it is an important piece of information to share with my comrades.

The difference between involvement and commitment is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was involved, the pig was committed."

Edited by - award on 02/02/2007 10:55:24 AM

creepiE
Gunboards.Com Gold Star Member

USA
1768 Posts
Posted - 02/02/2007 : 10:21:00 AM

Good idea...its public info. Gunboards should sticky it!

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~Thomas Jefferson

ducati
Gunboards Premium Member

USA
153 Posts
Posted - 02/02/2007 : 10:22:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by award

http://www.bbb.org/

I hope I don't offend anyone, but after reading the report from the Better Business Bureau, I thought it is an important piece of information to share with my comrades.

I am not defending MM at all, BUT that BBB thing is a joke! No complaints at all just a "not responding to calls from the BBB" entry, and for that an F rating???!!! hahaha, BBB=joke.

kriggevaer

USA
1709 Posts
Posted - 02/02/2007 : 10:56:00 AM

Also would like to point out that BBB is implicitly anti-gun. Witness their statement that "or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices." I have no axe to grind for the sake of MM, nor do I have an opinion about them, never bought a rifle from them. But, I will take issue with BBB's nonsense about the gun industry being known for fraudulent business practices.

kriggevær

"Roland was a warrior from the Land of the Midnight Sun..."

mauser_dude
Gunboards Premium Member

240 Posts
Posted - 02/02/2007 : 1:28:43 PM

award...

Not Nuf said...Yet

OK I finally got through using your link. They fixed the problems... BBB's description of MM's F does Not match your initial statement or justification for an F... I don't support mitchell's business model, but Customers must be satisfied enough not to complain.....

You quoted the general desciption of what an F rating Could be. Not the specific one used the BBB for mitchell's. I think that would be more appropriate....Don't you think....

Basing an F rating on only TWO complaints and those were from no responses to BBB's own inquiries... Seems a little Lame...

Here is the BBB's expalnation of MM's F rating:
"Our complaint history for this company shows that the business has not responded to customer complaints brought to its attention by the Bureau."

Nowhere near as bad as what you initially posted..... Gota look at all the facts....

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13150072

As I have said before. IMO. The BBB is just a store front to make local businesses look good anyway. BBB is like a lobby group or the Ethics committee hosted by Congress. Only expect what they want you to see... The BBB is not a consumer advocacy group... It is not Consumer Reports....

Mitchell's ads are misleading and vague on historical fact. They pimpshine their product to make it look better.....

If anybody wants one... buy one.....But please buy one for what it is a "cadi with big white wall tires"....Not for what its NOT... an "original" electro-penciled russian captured mil-spec rifle or an all matching factory fresh k98....

Below is the BBB report....

Bureau Summary and Analysis of customer complaints and company responses:

Our complaint history for this company shows that the business has not responded to customer complaints brought to its attention by the Bureau.

This company is not a member of the Better Business Bureau. This fact does not disparage the company in any way.

We know of no licensing or registration requirement for companies engaged in this company's stated type of business.

We have no further comment about this company’s business practices or analysis of its offer that may assist you in your consideration of this company.

We know of no government action taken against this company.

No question about the truth of this company's advertising has come to our attention.

We know of no other matter or practice relating to this company that may assist you in your consideration of this company.

Nuf Said?????

Edited by - mauser_dude on 02/02/2007 1:31:05 PM

GewehrmannII

1003 Posts
Posted - 02/02/2007 : 2:28:00 PM

If you don't know MM is a crooked fraud, you're not paying attention, no matter what you think of the BBB.

award

USA
660 Posts
Posted - 02/02/2007 : 4:29:24 PM

i agree gewehrmannll.
and mauser dude. i plagerized what your read...simple copy and paste is all. not my words dude. that is what BBB rates them at ... and its enuf for me. if a car dealership had that rating...i certainly would avoid them.
just my .02 worth.

mauser_dude
Gunboards Premium Member

240 Posts
Posted - 02/02/2007 : 7:37:08 PM

award,
We do agree that MM does fraud their customer's on Historical background and facts for over-priced rifles..... Buy the rifle not the History....

I guess we disagree on the report... I'm gonna use the description that is next the F in the MM report. If you want to use the Generic General descriptions for their ratings and not the one that the BBB placed with the F, based on two incidents..then go for it...knock the sqaure peg in the round hole....See what you wanna see..... Not gonna argue with you.

Not defending MM at all....

SH007

USA
1069 Posts
Posted - 02/02/2007 : 8:30:38 PM

If you want a M98k that looks like it's a Caddy with tinted windows, 24 inch rims, 5000 watts of surround sound, and lots of bling - then by all means get the Mitchell's 98k. Shoot the sucker and enjoy the view, because that's all you have - a shooter.

Would I do business with them ? Not a chance.
Would I refuse one if tendered as a gift ? Likewise, not a chance, would make a great plinker.

Premises Guarded By The Miniature Domestic House Tiger

solman

USA
1615 Posts
Posted - 02/02/2007 : 9:44:26 PM

i want a mitchells 'tanker' m48 in the chrome. ya ya ya

Trompe la mort

Walter63a
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts
Posted - 02/02/2007 : 10:10:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mauser_dude

Please post the link for the BBB results. I can't seem to find it...

I have tried using the following links but I get "Server Error in '/BBBWeb' Application" when I select mitchell's mausers.... Maybe everyone is hitting on it and causing it to crash.....:) Or its my super fine verizon dsl connection... Thanks in advance...

http://search.bbb.org/Results.aspx?s=mitchell's+mausers

http://search.bbb.org/Results.aspx?n=Mitchell's+mausers&add=PO+Box+9295&c=&st=&z=

Added after the link started working:

Here is the BBB's explanation of MM's F rating:

Nowhere near as bad as what you initially posted.....

Hello all,

This is my first post on Gunboards. Not to defend Mitchell's, but Mossberg has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB for the same reason as Mitchell's, failure to respond to a complaint! I also wonder what rating BBB gave to Winchester and Remington, before they unceremoniously disappeared from the firearms market, Remington after about 200 years selling fine guns!!!

BBB on Mossberg:
quote:
Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to failure to respond to a complaint.

Mossberg's report at BBB:http://www.connecticut.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=17000150

Live Free Or Die
"We do not allow people to have guns. Why do you think we should allow them to have ideas?"-Joseph Stalin

Edited by - Walter63a on 02/02/2007 10:24:56 PM

award

USA
660 Posts
Posted - 02/03/2007 : 12:22:00 AM

i just thought it would be nice if others were informed of the rating. that is all. i don't have any judgement on them. i know they are way the he double hockey sticks over priced though.
sol, i was checking out the tank rifles too. that would be way cool.

mauser_dude
Gunboards Premium Member

240 Posts
Posted - 02/03/2007 : 01:11:53 AM

Walter63a,

Welcome to the board and enjoy your stay.... Nice input... There was a post a couple of months ago on the military mauser forum about them and a gunsmith that would custom make them from M48 that look just like the MM tanker for less $$....

allanschisel

USA
2283 Posts
Posted - 02/06/2007 : 11:46:33 PM

The BBB is totally wrong about what MM sells. They are not antiques. They are also wrong about MM not having a license. They have to have a dealers, manufactuers, or importers license to sell C&R firearms.
MM still deserves an F rating for other reasons.
Allan Schisel

Allan Schisel
Allan's Armory
http://allans-armory.com

Walter63a
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts
Posted - 02/15/2007 : 12:22:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by allanschisel

The BBB is totally wrong about what MM sells. They are not antiques. They are also wrong about MM not having a license. They have to have a dealers, manufactuers, or importers license to sell C&R firearms.
Allan Schisel

What, exactly, with explanation, are those reasons?

Live Free Or Die
"We do not allow people to have guns. Why do you think we should allow them to have ideas?"-Joseph Stalin

Edited by - Walter63a on 02/15/2007 12:23:40 AM

bearbaregun
Gunboards Super Premium Member

USA
333 Posts
Posted - 02/15/2007 : 01:29:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Walter63a

quote:

Allan Schisel

It isn't my intention to cut you short but there are a lot of posts in several threads that go into depth about the practices of MM.

You could read through them and come to a conclusion, or not depending on what you choose to believe.

You could also buy one of the rifles there, study it and come to a conclusion that way.

DeltaTango
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts
Posted - 02/15/2007 : 09:09:08 AM

There is one good thing about Mitchell's that I would point out. Their ads do attract attention to the K-98. I have been into the Mini-14 and AR-15. I came across the Mitchell's ad in ShotGun News and I must admit it grabbed my attention. I didn't buy a rifle from them, but I did start to research the K-98. That research lead me to this Board and to the many fine threads here. I read about the Mitchell's controversy and scratched them off the list of potential K-98 sources. I also ended up making my first purchase from Cole Distributing and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my K-98. So, if nothing else, Mitchell's is good for marketing the Mauser to Newbies, like me. I just hope people will do some research before they buy.

Hambone
I Have A Tina Tuner Style Haircut

2647 Posts
Posted - 02/15/2007 : 7:36:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Walter63a

quote:

Allan Schisel

Well, they get an F from me for their misleading carnival barking ads, pimpshined and renumbered crap, ridiculous "certificates of provenance" or whatever that birdcage lining paper is, and high prices. In my opinion, they peddle wanked rifles to people with more money than sense. I don't know what those things are they call "sniper rifles". Yes, I reckon you could say that they call attention to K98ks, but much in the same way that a train wreck calls attention to trains.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts