Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DarExc
Starting Member

Canada
3 Posts
Posted - 02/15/2005 : 4:00:02 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I am quite a novice with the K98 and was trying to take apart my bolt for cleaning but I fogot to put the lever on safe mode. Anyway I took it out and pushed the button to start twisting the back part from the bolt and it spun around half way and got stuck there. Now the firing pin is stiking half way out and its kind of half cocked and completely locked. Did I bust it or is there a way to get out of this?

DarExc
Starting Member

Canada
3 Posts
Posted - 02/15/2005 : 4:02:32 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres a photo if that helps

DarExc
Starting Member

Canada
3 Posts
Posted - 02/15/2005 : 4:29:38 PM

I just fixed it myself, need to **** it all the way with a screw driver and finish turning it, thanks anyway guys!

Jer

mrfarb
Gunboards.Com Gold Star Member

1388 Posts
Posted - 02/15/2005 : 5:44:26 PM

When this happens to me, I just use the edge of a table to hook the bottom of the cocking piece and pull it back- then you just rotate the safety around to the safe position. On junkers, I use the stripperclip guide on the reciever for this.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts