Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Well, in the year 1915 did Mr. Yhlen perform highest result (446 points). 10 rounds (one round based on 5 shots. Bullseye 5 points. That makes maximum 50 points/round). Notice distance just 200 meters indicating beginners-class or youngster. I think he used another rifle (club-rifle) during this 1915-season-shooting and were rewarded the, at the time, 14 year old rifle as prize.

The "D.Åhslund" disc is a owners-disc and not connected to a shooting-competition.

At the big 1901 Competition did for example the King of Sweden put up three m/96 as prizes.

Regards,
ARILAR:)

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
There has to be more of these out there in Swede collections. One wonders why the owner of said rifle gave it up and it ended up in the US as an all matching rifle with a superb bore. Opee
Swedish collections of FSR m/96s??? Never heard of any!! They end up in US because of zero, null ,none interest in them in Sweden. I am happy they reach interested folks like you in US. Otherwise they end up, as most of them, in destruction....
Yesterday I participated in a ML-shooting nearby. One shooter asked me what to do with a m/96 in superb condition with the testshooting-tag and certificate that proved it had been overhauled at a "Tygstation" around 1960 (just like the one that in another thread a weapon-dealer claimed it were a Luxemburg rifle). I told him to try to sell it at a Widforss-auction. Will in best give him 150 bucks.
Regards,
ARILAR:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.