Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a byf 43 what are the correct period scope mounts for this rifle ? I have a ZF 39 scope for it, as for the stock should it be a flat buttplate or cupped? any Info. regarding the way this rifle came from Mauser in 1943 would greatly be welcomed thanks Lyle ok here are some pics dont laugh Im not a professional

Attachments

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
it would have had a cupped buttplate...it would have been turret mounts either high or low....and as far as im aware those sniper safeties were not used with turret mounted rifles

·
Registered
240 Posts
spider,

Hopefully this is an RC (I think I can see an "x" on your receiver), and not some partially matching byf 43 in a early war stock, right? I mean, do what you rifle what you will. But, if this is a partially matching rifle, or doesn't shoot very well, you're going to ruin the value of your rifle. Just a head's up. (Hopefully you've checked the rifle's accuracy, already.)

Generally speaking, yeah, it should have a cupped buttplate. Maybe Wa 135 marked - but I don't know how particular you're getting about this build.

Even though I'm going to bet that your stock is an RC, take care of it. Pretty nice looking stock, there. You could prolly trade it for a cupped buttplate stock, with someone on here, easily.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes its RC its one of the rifles I use for deer hunting and I cant use Iron sites[bad eyes and trifocals ] bad combo. so I need a scope mounted and im not to keen on long eye relief scopes. and I want to keep it period correct thats all. this one is accurate first day out she shot three time an three down good enough for a scope,as far as tradeing for a stock with cupped buttplate I dont know .

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Since it is a RC and a High production code it would be a pretty good choice for a scoped rifle. I wouldn't worry to much about period correct as yours has a much earlier stock and H band that I can see. You already have a repo safety so mount your scope low as it will clear the bolt. If it was mine I would D&T 6-48 for a Redfield one piece base (3holes). Sunfish

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Allready have the scope,cupped buttplate,correct band,just need the right scope mount and base and shes ready to put together and it will be marked that its not a real sniper jusst incase Im dead an someone tries to sell it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.