Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
20,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lugers don't surface often locally. But when they do, I take the leap if the deal is reasonable.

My latest is a byf 42. All metal numbers match. Mags are not correct - should have the unnumbered black plastic bottom with the FXO stamp on the mag body. But there is a correct mag en route!

There is some significant holster wear on the left side, with patina settling in. Some scattered pitting appears to have been previously scratched cleaned, and too late at present to save the salt bluing underneath. But not too bad. The finish appears otherwise original.

Holster and take down tool are reproductions, but came with the package, so I shan't toss them away.

Grips match themselves with a single inspector number, 7. Not all late production Mauser arsenal Lugers had matching grip numbers, and they do appear to have similar age and wear as on the rest of the pistol - probably original.

No import marks - the way I like 'em.

Some pics now, and thanks for looking.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
99,430 Posts
Good find. Doesn't look molested to me and has (and retains) character. Not a great fan of Lugers, but I'd surely consider one like that if the price was right. I guess anybody interested in firearms ought to have a Luger in his accumulation (hate to call mine a collection, lacks the sort of focus a collection ought to have).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts